“Excellent ”

Ranked #2 of 28 Quick Bites in Kettering
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A local pub and a perfect stop-off for travellers, The Trading Post is a great place to eat in Kettering. We pride ourselves on being a family-friendly pub with a mix of traditional and modern feel. Inside, you'll find exposed beams and a superb menu featuring carvery dinners, pub classics, and original new twists. Outside, a shingled building front overlooks our children's play area. Bring the whole family for a big celebration, share a meal with a loved one, or simply stop off on your journey and fill up the troops. While you're here, you can also quench your thirst with a great range of cask ales, draught beers, ciders, wines, and soft drinks.
Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

I visited with a friend on the first day eating inside was lifted. My experience of the Trading Post was a good one. Excellent, knowledgeable staff and clean and tidy premises. Our waitress was able to advise on gluten free options and was very reassuring.

Date of visit: May 2021
poppyrose67, Other at Trading Post, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2021

Hi Kate, thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review! I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with us and that the team were really helpful especially with your allergies, we can’t wait to see you again soon! ☺️

Write a reviewReviews (821)

Reviewed 10 June 2021 via mobile

I had a meal with family, we had great service from a very attentive young lad, really polite and good was good. It was a right portion for myself but my parents couldn't quite finish their meal. We will be going back again.

Date of visit: June 2021

Hi Elaine, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I’m so glad you enjoyed your visit with us and I’ll make sure to feedback this to the team! We do have various sizes on our carverys to suit all appetites and some of our pub classics are on our light bite menu also for those smaller portions. We’ll see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2021

Exceptional service and lovely food in a safe and comfortable setting. A group of 8 ladies, some who had carvery and some ordered from the menu. Our server, Claire was absolutely brilliant - friendly, efficient and extremely helpful. She ensured that we were kept supplied with drinks and that we all ate together, even though some used the Carvery. We all thoroughly enjoyed our food, which was delivered piping hot and beautifully presented. Claire managed individual bills for us all with speed and efficiency. Thank you for a wonderful evening.

Date of visit: May 2021
poppyrose67, Other at Trading Post, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2021

Hi, thank you so much for this amazing review I’m so glad you ladies enjoyed your visit with us and that Clare could make it memorable for you! I will make sure to pass on your kind words and we can’t wait to see you again!

Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

Came here in the week, If I could put 0 stars I would, the service was appalling, I wish I’d read the recent reviews before visiting.
Our server (a young girl with reddish hair) had an awful attitude, no covid restrictions were in place, (people walking around with no masks) the carvery was disgusting- I guess you get what you pay for gross! Kids running riot touching everything, I did ask the girl what her name was and I believe it was kaylei, who should never work with people in a restaurant because its clear she didn’t want to be there. Bad experience, won’t be returning. Do Not recommend.

Date of visit: April 2021
poppyrose67, Other at Trading Post, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2021

Hi Jodie, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m so sorry to hear you didn’t mahout your visit with us. We currently don’t have any staff members with that name working with us, so if you could send us an email to tradingpost.kettering@marstons.co.uk so we can investigate into this further thank you.

Reviewed 28 May 2021 via mobile

Went to Trading post for birthday meal. We got told at the carvery it was Turkey,gammon and beef. My friend ordered turkey but in actual fact it was chicken
The Peas in the pot were all dried not great food experience.
Wouldn't be rushing back as food was at poor standard.

Date of visit: May 2021

Hi Donna, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your visit with us. But I would like to assure you we do not serve chicken on our carvery it is indeed turkey. I apologise that the peas were to a poor standard, we do regular checks on our carvery and our chefs are constantly replenishing as well. If there is any issues on future issues please feel free to speak to the chef or the duty manager who will help make any changes necessary. Thank you and see you again soon