Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
US$62
View deal
FindHotel
eDreams
1,102 results
All reviews executive room reception staff evening meal good nights sleep gym stopover richmond
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 July 2022

Stopped here for a night after camping for 2 nights at the BTCC weekend at Croft.

Greeted by welcoming staff on arrival, checked we still had time to eat before going to our rooms. Rooms were clean and of a good standard. Bed was comfortable enough but had to get my own pillow from the car.

The food was quite good and the staff were friendly.

Breakfast was exceptional with plenty of choices. Hot & cold foodstuffs and cereals available.

Plenty parking spaces which was handy as I was pulling a trailer.

Date of stay: June 2022
Tim Snowdon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Darlington - A1 Scotch Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2022

Dear 357jas

Thank you for firstly choosing Holiday Inn Darlington A1 Scotch Corner for your stay and secondly for your very kind feedback.

I hope your racing was as successful as your stay here and we see you again soon in the future.

Reviewed 25 July 2022 via mobile

Lovely stay.. Arrived with a little trepidation after reading recent reviews.. However all the staff were friendly and helpful. Our room had air con which was great. The bed was huge, room very clean. Coffee /tea etc and biscuits.. Plenty of toiletries and very clean. Are at the restaurant and although a couple of things were not available, the food was very good. Lovely waitress with a sense of humour!! Breakfast was fsb, great choice of hot food and continental, plus fruits cereals etc.. Would stay again if in the area..

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear prprprprprpr

Thank you very much for your kind review and obviously for choosing to stay with us in the first place.

We take all our reviews seriously whether it be positive or negative and do our best to rectify issues, so I am pleased the you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 23 July 2022

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the last ten years so had no hesitation booking in for two nights on a recent trip to the area. To say it is not what it once was is no exaggeration. The room was fine, though on the hot side and with no obvious way of cooling it down, and the reception staff were good. That's where the positives end though. The restaurant used to be good, with pleasant staff who knew about food. But now, the menu is limited, the food that was served was more or less OK but was clearly a long way from anything prepared by an actual chef - more like a ready meal from a cheap supermarket. And staff were grumpy, arguing with each other and the clients. Maybe they had good reason to be unhappy with their working conditions of course. Breakfast was better than dinner, but only just, and definitely not worth anything like the prices charged, though the morning staff were happier. Disappointing to say the least, as it's a good location. I'm an IHG platinum elite member so I've stayed in a lot of these hotels and this one is no longer of a Holiday Inn standard. With a bit of sorting out it could be rebranded as HI Express, though I've stayed at many of those with much higher standards.

Date of stay: July 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Theologyprof

I am shocked and disappointed to read your comments and as a IHG Platinum Elite member I value your feedback. Could I possibly ask that you email me directly with further information regarding your stay. My contact address is tim.snowdon@hidarlington.co.uk

Reviewed 9 June 2022 via mobile

Currently undergoing desperately needs modernisation in some areas. Rooms are spacious but then let down with little things like curtains not closing and loads of light coming in under door. Road noise is always an issue but I suppose we’re hotel is located, it is to be expected. Restaurant is currently a disaster zone, didn’t have half the things I wanted and the bar set up was a shambles. Staff could do with being briefed better about service and changes through renovations. Was planning to stay here for 6 x weeks for a Project I am doing but decided against it because of my experience on this visit, so found a much better alternative.

Room tip: Shop around, much better places locally than this.
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Tim Snowdon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Darlington - A1 Scotch Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2022

Dear PIW1965

Thank you for your feedback and may I apologise for the experience whilst stating at the hotel, particularly during the refurbishment. As I am sure you can appreciate it is tricky to negotiate round an ever changing refurbishment plan, however I am disappointed that this impacted your stay so much as we work hard to minimize the impact to guests as much as possible.

However, I am confident that once the work is complete at the end of June 22 then you will be suitably impressed with the result should you wish to return. The team are also looking into your comments regarding the bedroom.

Reviewed 6 June 2022

I booked a couple of nights here while racing at nearby Croft Circuit, which is the other side of the A1. Booked weeks in advance, the cost was reasonable. They have a large car park right off the Scotch Corner roundabout, with plenty of room for vans and the like. Despite the proximity to the main road, it was very quiet at night. I didn't use the restaurant for evening meals, but breakfast was OK. The room was clean and the bed comfortable.

Date of stay: May 2022

Hi hockeyshooter

Thank you for your feedback and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Our best rates are always available in advance and I am pleased your stay met your expectations. I hope your racing was equally successful and we hope to so you again when you are next competing at Croft.