1,515 results
All reviews candle pool breakfast in bed exercise classes infinity pool buffet lunch my mum inclusive treatments flip flops changing rooms superior room full body massage steam room main pool treatment rooms late escape overnight reviver break massage jets
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Lovely spa facilities and treatments and pleasant bedroom. However we were bitterly disappointed with the dining facilities and the food. It is as though we were in two completely separate places. The spa facililties are up to date, smart and luxurious. The restaurant is stuck in the 80s, the decor is miserable, the chairs uncomfortable and the food abysmal. When I pay a luxury price, I expect luxury food and service. We definitely did not get that. The menus pay no attention to modern nutritional standards. The vegetarian food was boring, stodgy and unhealthy with excessive quantities of cheese and there were almost no vegan alternatives. Even the desserts served at lunch were mostly not vegetarian, which is hard to believe. The smoothies served at breakfast were poured from a carton - it takes 2 minutes to prepare a fresh smoothie in a blender?? Our fresh mint tea was served with flies - despite us being told the mint arrived at Ragdale washed. Processed margarine is served on the tables with the bread (ugh). The whole food offering desperately needs overhauling.Walk down any street in London and you will find a better restaurant. Simply not good enough at the price paid. Surely a health spa should be completely up to date with the latest nutritional research. The response to our complaints was an anodine letter, justifying things that we found unacceptable and noting the positive comments they receive from other guests. Well I'm afraid we found it a second rate experience and hoped for a response that would encourage us to return, an opportunity for Ragdale to show us that they can do better. Very very disappointing. Ragdale - you have a lot to learn

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank abramsres
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Reception is quick and efficient. Luggage is taken by a porter and unless you object your car will be parked for you. Instead of standing and queuing at reception, arrivals are shown to a tea room and offered drinks while they wait (for a very short while) for a receptionist to come to them.
We were an odd number of friends and being the only single male I got the single room. Some of the friends visited and did say that the room was superior to theirs' so the description is adequate. For my part I was not impressed by the room, unlike the rest of the facilities. The bed was big enough for two lovers to share and had a surfeit of pillows. The ceiling to floor curtains were sumptuous, lined and very thick. They were very insulating, which was a shame because the only heat source, a radiator, was behind the curtains when closed. The room was mildly chilly. OK for sleeping in the warm bed but not for anything else. The bathroom on the other hand was frigid. The radiator there reached only body temperature when set to "Max".
Enough of the room. I hardly spent time there anyway.
The restaurant is excellent with a good range of food and a healthiness scale against dishes to help guide your choice, not that there was anything unhealthy anyway. If you order a bottle of wine it will be kept for you to complete at another meal/day if required.
Lunch consists of a small choice of starters followed by a buffet. Vegetarian, vegan and omnivorous diets are catered for with hot and cold dishes in all categories.
Dinner is silver service. Portion sizes do not look big but I can assure you that they are big enough to satisfy.
I notice that the spa itself has its own TripAdvisor entry so I will detail that there.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tim G
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

This is my second time visiting Ragdale.
I’ve been so impressed with the exceptional professionalism and customer service here, everyone smiles and you genuinely feel that everyone is so happy to help you.
The building itself is beautiful and holds a real elegance and class to it.
The food is great - I particularly enjoyed the lunch buffets - the dinners I was not so impressed with.
Treatment wise - I had four treatments in total - some were fantastic, others with average but I felt very relaxed and well looked after during all of them.
Ragdale is a perfect place to unwind, from the moment you get there the staff take care of everything for you, you really don’t need to lift a finger and that is a really lovely feeling.
Thank you once again Ragdale, I shall definitely be returning!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Speaks for itself when we say been nearly 20 times, back today and have already booked a return! Continuously updating and love the new rooftop pool! Duty manager Alison gave us a fantastic welcome home and all staff as normal polite and helpful, thank you we both needed a good rest after a stressful few months and that’s exactly what we got! x

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2018

I've always loved this place ...like being a guest in a stately home .......however this time if I'm truthfully there was some cracks showing .........yes new outside heated pool area big enough for 8 not particularly comfortable ....and hardly in keeping with the building and yes another quiet area with view .....the actual swimming pool and sauna areas were very busy swimming pool really only big enough for max 7 swimming at a time ......in pro rata o f guests not enough in my opinion .......food excellent and love the breakfast in bed ,such a treat..cracks well therapists looking bored doing inclusive head massages and I may be picky as I say loved this place but losing the personnel touch very conveyor belt on this occasion .....little disappointed on this occasion ....

Room Tip: Ask for balcony
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple