“Food & Drink”

Ranked #3 of 30 Quick Bites in Chorley
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Gemini gave us a fantastic service when I came in with my friends for some drinks! We had an amazing time with your staff!

1  Thank natalietO8768EF
Greene_K1ng, Manager at War Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent visit. It’s always nice when members of the team are recognised for their efforts and I will be sure to pass on your feedback to Gemini! Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you again soon.

Write a reviewReviews (967)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our server gemma was really friendly and brought the food out quickly. She also mentioned she made the granola sundae which was wonderful.

1  Thank emilycbray
Greene_K1ng, Manager at War Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for the positive feedback about your visit with us. It’s always pleasing to read that a member of the team has provided service worthy of a mention and I will be sure to pass on the feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Visited here on Wednesday evening for a meal with the family and food was good so thought we’d go for lunch today. Placed our order and then one of the staff told us that they had run out of one of the meals, which is fine, so I selected the Chicken Kebab as my wife had it earlier in the week and it looked really good, the salad was really fresh and chicken nice and crisp.

Our meals arrived and unfortunately the Chicken Kebab had chicken fillet on it rather than the breaded chicken I had ordered, so it was taken back to the kitchen to be replaced.

10 minutes later after everyone else had finished eating, it came out. Unfortunately the breaded chicken was mushy and chewy, the lettuce was clearly old and wilted and it had been barely threatened with the sauce it was meant to have on it.

At this point I asked for a refund for the Chicken Kebab which was given without question, so can’t really fault the service.

Unfortunately it wasn’t just the food which was a disappointment. We got a table in the family area in one of the booths with the TV. This was close to the back door which leads out to the beer garden area. Unfortunately the soft door closer is broken so every time someone came in or out the door slammed shut which was really loud and happened pretty much every 30 seconds.

In all, a disappointing visit to The War Horse.

Date of visit: August 2021

Thanks for your honest feedback around your recent visit. I’m sorry that we didn’t get things quite right for you. I realise that we rectified the situation quite quickly but apologise we didn’t get it right first time and the food quality wasn’t as it should have been. You will know from your previous visit that the food quality you experienced second time around was not to our usual standards and I’m confident that should you visit in future, it will mirror your first visit with us.
Thanks again for the feedback which will be shared with the team to ensure we are continually learning and improving for future visits. I do hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2021

Not sure where to start. I was served by Jo. She went out of her way to make it as stress free as possible as I had 3 small children in tow. A credit to your team, just a genuinely nice lady. Speedy service, the meal was absolutely delicious. Not a thing was wrong . My steak was cooked to perfection. Every member of the team took the baby on when she said hello or tryed to pass them food . We got fantastic service. Made our day and will definitely be going back. Thank you very much. Happy mum, happy kids .

Date of visit: August 2021

Thanks for the great feedback. It’s really pleasing to see read that the team looked after you so well and that Jo made such an impression. I will be sure to share your feedback with her and the rest of the team.
I do hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2021 via mobile

Came this morning. Warm welcome from the bar staff, John and Zodie.
Ordered breakfast from the app. Came without delay. Well presented breakfast. Very yummy. Hats off to the chef.
Definitely will be returning

Date of visit: August 2021
Greene_K1ng, Manager at War Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2021

Thanks for this fantastic review! I’m pleased to read that all aspects of your visit were on point and that you were well looked after by John and Zodie. I’ll be sure to pass on the feedback to them and the kitchen team on duty. Thanks again for the feedback- we look forward to seeing you again soon.