“Good experience”

Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2018

We went for lunch. The locally sourced good quality food was very well cooked with everything made on the premises. Very nice efficient polite staff. I had the leek and goats cheese tart with salad and my husband had the home made burger. The fresh strawberry tart for dessert was wonderful. The menu varies each day. I would definately return.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Some how this review has been tagged to a fish and chip restaurant. as you can see the opening line say's ELLIOTTS

We went Elliotts for Sunday breakfast with some friends. Although the food was just OK there were lots of issues that gave the impression of a very disorganised establishment. When we were asked if everything was OK and began to list some of the things we thought were wrong we were asked if we were local. I cant for the life of me think what being local has anything to do with our concerns. As it is we are local, well 20 min away.

Concerns

Food took a long while to come up. We and others who tried to get in while we were there were told they had a big party (of 10 I believe) coming and they were busy. I counted 9 staff, I thought that should be enough. When the food did arrive items that were ordered were missing and came later. The table wasn't ready to take people (insufficient cutlery on the table) Sauce bottles had not been cleaned, congealed sauce on each of the bottles. Coffee was served and the hot milk arrived a while later. When one of the waiting staff asked if everything was OK and got a negative response she just ignored us. The seating in the main area was chaotic. There was no room for people to sit at both tables and for people to walk through, it was quite cramped in this area.

Whitstable is a very busy town and consequently this place might get away with it but I guess that "locals" wont return, we wont.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Wow! What an amazing wonderful find. Popped in for a quick late lunch having wandered up and down the Main Street hoping to find a restaurant/cafe that accepted dogs. We are so pleased we chose Elliott’s. Everything about it was perfect. The staff, the food, the ambience and the friendliness of the place. We loved it. I have no problem with recommending Elliott’s as a great place to visit. 10 out of 10 in my opinion.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Good selection of both veggie and non veggie options. Went for lunch with my children who both elected for the halloumi burger and I went for the crab sandwich. Plenty of food and good quality. Service quick and pleasant. Nice to see using great local produce.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

The title says it all really. Helpful staff, coffee excellent, the best fish finger sandwich I've ever had. A little overpriced for food but it is Whitstable and the food really was good. Enough said.