All reviews modern hotel coniston hotel mood lighting frosted glass large car park lighting system set menu porridge evening meal stayed for one night high standard breakfast was excellent wedding reception plenty of parking lovely room saturday night tracey
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Generally this hotel is fine, the rooms are relatively new and comfortable.

However, on Saturday evening, we arrived at the hotel at around 9.30pm. We were given a room key and set off to the 2nd floor to our room. When we arrived at the room, we could hear voices behind the door and the key we were given did not work. At that point, the fire alarm went off... asking guests to evacuate. We calmly went to the back fire exit and walked down the outside staircase. We assembled in the car park and could see that other guests were leaving the hotel.

The most alarming thing about this incident, is the staff. There were about 4 members of staff outside the hotel in the car park talking amongst themselves in hi-vis jackets. At no point did they speak to the guests nor advise them what was happening. On leaving the hotel the next morning, I discovered that we should all have been assembled further along the car park, as if this was an emergency, we were standing in the place where the emergency vehicles should be!

When we were allowed back into the hotel (we found out the alarm was set off by someone vaping in our room), our room situation was resolved. But I remember the disorganised fire drill for quite some time....

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Kelly-anne B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Sittingbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear dalo75,

Many Thanks for your feedback.

I'm sorry to read of the issues you had whilst staying with us.

We are currently in the process of reviewing our fire training and hope to retrain all staff as soon as possible.

I do hope this won't effect you staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

Stayed for one night when in the area - I quite like Holiday Inns but this is a bit weird. I parked at the front and walked through a long corridor to find reception. Service, the room etc was fine but I popped into the bar (which is a side room off the corrider) and struggled to buy a bottle of beer. Staff seemed to want to do anything other than serve. Strange behaviour.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear AlanH294,

Many thanks for providing us with feedback of your stay.

I shall be passing your comments onto the Operations Manager to be looked into.

Reviewed 13 October 2018

One night stopover while visiting friends. the hotels on London Road which is the main road through Sittingbourne. It appears to be a makeover of a previous hotel named the Coniston.
No complaints over room, bed or shower, all very new looking and comfortable.
The only concern I had was with the front desk staff: I arrived early and knowing that I was early I expected that I'd be allowed to leave my luggage in a secure location which is pretty standard practice these days, Anyway the front desk staff appeared to be bemused and eventually found some space in what appeared to be a large cramped broom cupboard.The bags weren't tagged, again- standard practice.
My next encounter with the front desk was, on leaving, requested them to book a taxi at which I was pointed to a phone and advised to call the cab company direct myself, not a task I'm incapable of but highly unusual.

Just teething problems but something that needs to be addressed if you are looking for repeat business.

Stayed: September 2018

Dear Daveandavril,

Many thanks for your feedback.

I have just joined the hotel as the new Front Office Manager and have started training with the team.

I do hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for ten weeks while at the Prison Service College and the rooms were like ovens! Half of the time they didn't even have a window that actually opened, the air con never worked and was told that the fans were for paying guests only.

The fitness suite was adequate but found myself hitting my head on the ceiling if I wanted to use the crosstrainer. The breakfast although being all you can eat was so greasy that the sausages literally exploded with grease when cut into.

At reception they had a plaque with the price per night on the wall...£100...I wouldn't pay £50 a night to sit in a sweatbox and be fed grease in the morning.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank DominicBTTB
Kelly-anne B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Sittingbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Dear DominicBTTB,

I'm sorry to read that your stay wasn't to your satisfaction, the air con is now fixed and running perfectly.

The hotel now has a new Management Structure and we are noticing great improvements daily.

we are currently in the process of creating a new menu and are in talks with owners of a possible refurbishment.

I do hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

The hotel was quite good, breakfast was good and the staff were good. The only thing and it was a big thing was the broken air con. I stayed for 2 nights with work and would stay again if in the area but as long as the air con is fixed.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Kelly-anne B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sittingbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Facefeeder,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you found the staff and hotel good.

We will be looking into your room AC issues as the AC is fully operational throughout the hotel, and this was tested at the end of September.

We hope you will have reason to stay with us in future and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.