“Cold food”

Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Nestled at the heart of the New Forest, The Alice Lisle is a rural haven that boasts a truly gorgeous location with food to match. Inspired by our surroundings, our award-winning chefs produce locally-sourced dishes perfectly accompanied by our wide range of refreshments.
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We popped in on a weekday evening and it was quiet in the gardens with no other tables eating, just drinking.

The service was ok, but very slow. It was table service.

The main disappointment we experienced was having to wait for ages for our cuterly to be brought out so our meals got cold, I had to send my chips back as they were stone cold and then by the time more arrived I had eaten my burger and my husband had completely finished his meal.
I had the lamb and Feta burger which came with a small side of chips, the burger didn’t have much flavour at all and was quite plain. My husband had the beef burger and he said it was average and he wouldn’t order it again.

Overall I wouldn’t go back as I felt that the service and food wasn’t good enough for the price paid.
It’s a shame as it’s a pretty pub in a lovely location.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

We revisit this place a lot. Beautiful food, charming building and all set in the beauty of the New Forest. Not just somewhere to visit in the summer, this is one of our favourite pubs to visit all year round.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped her for a post walk drink with friends and I’m glad we did. Really nice country pub in a great location with a great beer garden. It’s obviously popular but the garden was big enough to accommodate a lot of people. It’s a fullers pub and it seemed extremely well kept as they often are. Would def recommend.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We visited the pub twice. Once just for drinks and then we went back for a meal. I could not fault it. Food was excellent as was the service. The tables were clean and we didn’t have to wait too long for food. I love the garden area, carefully separated up into adult only section, children’s play area and covered eating area. We definitely go back.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

I visited The Alice Lisle Pub with my family for a meal. We hadn’t booked and the restaurant was quite busy for a lunch time and we were served by a middle aged lady who’s name was Tara and it was her first shift! She was so attentive and friendly and very welcoming. The food was served quickly and presented beautifully. We will definitely be back!!!