2,287 results
All reviews sky bar afternoon tea cocktail bar free movies scones walk in wardrobe welcome cocktail brasserie restaurant tasting menu sky suites secret escapes turn down service happy anniversary stylish hotel our wedding anniversary farnborough airport on arrival
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I visited with a group of friends for cocktails and the hotel suggested the terrace instead of the sky bar as it was such a sunny evening. We sat down at dirty tables and waited 5 minutes to be given drinks menus (& had to share 1 between 3). Once ordered we waited over 20 minutes for our drinks so only had time for one drink before we had to leave. The drinks were fine but the overall experience was poor. Not sure if it would’ve been better in the sky bar but definitely won’t be having drinks on the terrace again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank reviewereversley
AviatorbyTAG, Front Office Manager at Aviator, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear reviewereversley,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review following your recent visit, although it is with disappointment that I learn of your feedback. Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with our Food & Beverage manager, in whom will be addressing your concerns with his teams. We do wish to offer our terrace as option for our guests to enjoy, as it has proved very popular in the sunny weather given our location and view to the airfield, so it is disappointing to learn we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion. For this I do apologise.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review, and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Aviator in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night, reception and concierge staff polite, efficient and friendly. Room was very clean, quite dark decor, but very nicely appointed. Did not want to eat formally so chose one eleven diner. What a difference.. it was so informal, staff seemed completely disinterested. Our table was sticky with dirt, a staff member brought over a cloth, wiped a part of it and said nothing, No apology or even eye contact. The wine was ridiculously over priced, £30 a bottle for Cabernet Sauvignon! However, the burgers we ordered were delicious. The formality of the hotel bares no resemblance to the lacklustre diner. In conclusion, would recommend hotel but steer clear of the diner. It takes informal dining to a new level.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear coolcathyCornwall,

Thank you for taking the time following your stay with us to submit a review. It is wonderful to read of your overall high praise for our hotel, and especially for our front of house team. This being said, it is; however, vey disappointing to learn of your disappointment regarding your visit to our One Eleven restaurant. Further to this, please be assured your comments have been addressed with our One Eleven manager, in whom will be addressing with his team, as this certainly is not the sort of feedback in which we wish to receive. Finally, please do not hesitate to make contact with our Guest Services team should you wish to discuss anything further.

Thank you again for leaving us a review, and I hope to welcome you back to Aviator in the future.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

The Aviator was without question the best hotel I’ve ever worked in (both UK & abroad).

The room and layout were very good, felt very high quality and the meetings Manager service / responsiveness was excellent.

Personally my room was exceptional and a total oasis after a long day.

The restaurant for dinner, lunch and breakfast felt a very good environment, great menu choice, food prepared with care - all in all nourishing.

All staff contact felt genuinely service oriented and professional - no one individual, concierge, waiters, chefs, receptionists, cleaners, function or hotel Manager missed a beat.

In my humble opinion this venue strongly enabled our workshop outcome, made it a noticeably easier and more pleasant environment to be and work together.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear RichKnight,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review following your stay with us. I am thrilled to read of your experience, and especially of your high praise for all of our staff throughout the hotel. It really is wonderful to learn that we have been able to have such a positive impact on your experience, and I have made sure your kind words have been shared with all of the teams here at Aviator.

Thank you again for leaving us such a lovely review, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Aviator in the future.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

My daughter's friend arranged afternoon tea here to celebrate her 30th birthday. We were given a private seating area. We received very good polite service and dietary requirements were offered without asking. The scones were exceptional but arrived well after the sandwiches and fancies which seemed a bit strange !? by the time they arrived we were full up. Very nice enjoyable afternoon tea but be aware a hefty service charge is added!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank terriannluch

Dear teriannluch,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. I am delighted to learn of your enjoyment of our afternoon tea offering, and especially that you found our scones to of such exceptional quality. Furthermore, I am sorry to learn of your disappointment regarding the optional service charge, please do not hesitate to ask in future for this to be removed, as we would be very happy to do so.

Finally, thank you again for writing us a review following your visit, and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Aviator in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Amazing hotel. Even though on business and traveling alone I love staying here. Great beds, fab room, no need to pack your own shampoo as theirs is so good, amazing food and staff make you feel so so welcome. See you soon.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank NettytheKat

Dear NettytheKat,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us so greatly, and especially that our staff were so welcoming throughout the duration of your visit, and I have shared your kind words with the team here at Aviator.

Thank you again for leaving us such lovely feedback, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Aviator in the future.