“Would we eat here again?”

Bella Italia Salford Quays
Ranked #73 of 377 Restaurants in Salford
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The stylish Lowry Centre in the heart of Salford Quays in Manchester plays host to Bella Italia, part of the highly popular Italian restaurant chain with outlets throughout the country. Housed in this fabulous waterside development in Manchester, Bella Italia boasts an enviable location within the shopping centre. Diners are invited to a veritable feast of classic Italian food ranging from pizza to pasta and grills to salads. Tuck into a tasty chicken and pancetta salad with red onion, tomatoes, baby gem lettuce and Dolcelatte dressing or why not sample the Penne Marco Polo, a delicious plate of penne pasta topped with sautéed duck in a plum sauce, spring onions and sliced mushrooms. Finish off with one of Bella Italia's divine desserts and wash down with a glass of Italian red or white.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The service was excellent as was the house red wine, unfortunately that's were it stopped. There were problems with both the starters and mains. Lets begin with the starters: Mine was the Fungi Arrosta, which came in a bowel that was so hot, as was the Fungi, I think they had just come out of the microwave.Which may go a long way to explain the sauce, as it was very watery with very little flavor. My wife's starter was Mozzarella in bread crumbs, albeit very tasty, it was the size of at least 3 slices of bread!.

Our mains consisted of the Pepperoni Picante Pizza, the base was well cooked and as thin as you like, as it should be, but the toppings fell well short, in fact 6 small slices of pepperoni, with 4 small pieces of green chillie.

My Main was the Pollo Fungi, again the sauce, which I think was the same as my starter, was watery and lacking in any flavor, which failed to revive the chicken breast which was overcooked, and dry. The green beans were also dry and overcooked.

So would we eat here again? well as regular visitors to Manchester, there are plentiful other eateries, which we will try, so the answer is ...............NO!

1  Thank Brian M

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My friend and I visited Bella Italia on a Monday lunch time before a wall around Salford Quays. We were greeted by a lovely lady called Joanna who promptly escorted us to our seats. Joanna was very courteous and made sure we had everything that we wanted. Joanna was very friendly and provided excellent service. We will definitely be returning after being made to feel so welcome!

Well done Joanna!!

2  Thank Emily W
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My fiance and I ordered food from Media City brunch in March and the food was truly disgusting. Dough balls were flooded in garlic butter, but at the same time so hard, there was no chance to bite them. Carbonara had this kind of giant breakfast bacon pieces instead of pancetta, leeks (what tasted very weird) and runny sauce. Burger bun was probably as old as dough balls and lettuce was rotten. That's the first time in my life when I actually binned whole order.
Even though the food was ordered as take away, the delivery time was very quick, so I highly doubt it was Deliveroo's fault. I messaged the branch requesting a refund and got the response very quickly, unfortunately can't say it about the actual refund. It's been exactly a month now and I was totally ignored.
I would definitely advise to not eat there.

BI Guest Experi... S, Guest Relations Manager at Bella Italia Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Olga,

Thanks for your review.

We are sorry to hear that our usual delicious food standards weren't up to scratch wtih the food delivered to you by Deliveroo.. All of our dishes should arrive full of fresh ingredients, bursting with authentic flavour and arrive perfectly cooked.

At Deliveroo’s request we have to ask you direct your complaint to them first. Their customer service team will be able to assist you in making this complaint.

They can be contacted on: support@deliveroo.co.uk or +44 203 322 3444

Thanks once again for providing this feedback

Ciao for now,

Bella Italia,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Not visited this restaurant fora good while but was nicely surprised . Sunday pre theatre , the place was busy - glad we booked . Staff were welcoming , very attentive and really genuinely pleasant ( even tho we were using Tesco vouchers) . Food of good quality - starters - the hot mixed platter - tasty and great for sharing . Garlic prawns were delicious .
All our pasta main courses were well received and we left totally clean plates . My only advice would be to that they should serve food on HOT plates . I love my food piping hot and it just was not hot enough for me . However I asked that it was heated up and it was done graciously and quickly .
Would go again .

1  Thank leisurefan
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have visited this restaurant several times, and to be honest my experience has been variable, and in particular wait times for food or service have in the past been quite long. However, on this occasion, everything went very smoothly. I went because of a special offer voucher I had. It was a weekday lunchtime, and the restaurant was not very busy. I was quickly seated, my order taken, and the food was brought over less than 10 minutes later. The bill was also brought immediately I requested it, and payment taken right away (I particularly dislike having to wait a long time to pay at the end of a meal, especially when I have to get back to work!). The food was a dish I had ordered before, and exactly as expected. There was only one server (apart from the manager) called Jo, and she was very efficient. Prices (especially with my voucher) are very reasonable.
Based on this and previous experiences, I would advise trying to visit the restaurant at a less busy time, and to take a look at the menu online before visiting if you can.

1  Thank focus_Seoul