1,205 results
All reviews old trafford media city beans hi express the sofa bed ice machine city centre free breakfast the lowry outlet mall short walk self service tram stop car park the breakfast area the imperial war museum hotel is situated man utd
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped on Sunday Night whilst we were in Manchester for a concert.

Staff very friendly and helpful

Rooms clean and perfect for what we needed it for, Just a bed for the night

Breakfast was spot on

Location very good, short walk to the Metro. Nice walks around the quay. Shopping centre 2 minute walk. Plenty of places to eat

Definately would use again

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DGM_Salford, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear AmandaClaire86,

Thank you for taking the time share your feedback. It is wonderful that you had a lovely stay with us, where the cleanliness of your room was up to standard and you had everything in your room to make it perfect. I will certainly pass on to the team that you found us to be friendly and helpful, which I am sure they will appreciate, as well as your included breakfast being spot on.

Lastly, we are glad that the location suited you for shops and restaurants, however why not grab a bite to eat from our 24 hour "All Day Dining" menu next time? We thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again.

Many Thanks

Tim P

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Comfortable , well organised hotel , Staff are efficent and friendly . WiFi, air con good , free piping hot breakfast or continental breakfast to go, both delicious . Small bar and snacks available together with an ice machine and microwave in foyer . Small daily charge to park just outside the hotel is fair , no huge multi storey car park thankfully .
Rooms are good , plenty of sockets , storage , tea and coffee, iron and ironing board . Bathroom clean and roomy , shower pressure good .
There are lots of places to visit nearby - Farmers market with many good value stalls , Museums , Media City , Outlet Mall together with a good choice of food and drink outlets. ( Booths supermarket is superb ).
We used the cheap , very clean and well run local tram service , (ticket machines are on the platform ) to go into Central Manchester for the day . The local bus services also runs near the hotel. Would highly recommend this hotel and area of Manchester .

Room tip: River view at back is prettier but busier with people passing by , the front is quieter overlooking the car park .
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DGM_Salford, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear Helen,
Thank you for your great 5 star review and it is fantastic to see that you had so many positive things to say about your stay!

The rest of the team will be pleased to hear that you found us to be efficient and friendly and I am happy that you enjoyed your breakfast, which is always included in all our rates and, as you mentioned, has 4 hot items of scrambled egg, sausage, beans and bacon in addition to the continental selection.

I hope that you are able to return to stay with us again very soon and would be delighted to welcome you back.

Kind regards,
Jennifer T
Senior Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed here for 9 nights for work. The rooms are comfortable and clean however there is very little storage (as with most hotels of this type). It’s fine for a night or two but when staying for longer it’s frustrating not to have any drawers to put clothes in.

The main problem for me was the noise. I’ve never stayed in a hotel where so many doors are slamming, is there anything that can be done with the latches? There was also lots of shouting but that may that I was just unlucky with inconsiderate neighbours. The 24 hour bar probably didn’t help.

I would stay here again as it’s in a great location but I would ask if they had any quieter rooms

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Sjtedit

Dear Sjtedit,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us and I am pleased to see that you rated us highly on the whole. Housekeeping will be pleased to see that you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable.

I am sorry, however, that you experienced some issues with noisy neighbours. We do try to keep on top of issues such as these via regular floor walks and I am sorry to see that we fell short of expectations on this occasion. I will share this feedback with the rest of the team as suggestions as to how we can improve are always gratefully received.

I hope that you would return to us in the future and give us a chance to earn that 5th star rating.

Kind regards,
Jennifer T
Senior Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 24 May 2018

stayed in January and really enjoyed so booked again as we were going on a BBC tour,once again could not fault the hotel on the comfort,quietness,cleanliness,location,and the friendly very helpful staff. Also the excellent breakfast,just what you need,thank you all.
P.s .the price was fantastic £69 for three with breakfast!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Heather R,

Thank you for your review. It's brilliant that you enjoyed yourself here and that you could not fault the Hotel at all, in terms of comfort, cleanliness standards, location, staff helpful and friendliness, as well as your fantastic value you received for the rate you paid, which included your breakfast, our service and your in-room amenities.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Many Thanks

Tim P

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Lovely peaceful location, close enough to public transport or major roads.
Staff are fantastic genuine professional friendly, with an extra high 5 going to Vicky and Luke. Rooms fantastic again everything I needed, spotless, comfy bed with plenty of pillows, air conditioner was appreciated.

Thank you very much, looking forward to a return visit.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
DGM_Salford, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Dear Carolyn,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave an amazing 5* review. I am delighted that you loved your stay with us and that you appreciated mine and Vicky's efforts to make your stay as comfortable as possible,

I do hope that you will return to us in the future as we would love to welcome you back.

Many thanks,