“Very impressed”

Joshua Bradley
Ranked #10 of 61 Restaurants in Hyde
Price range: US$8 - US$33
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We provide the very best of food and drink – the ideal location for a wide range of occasions. Join us for a refreshing drink, a casual snack, a little celebration or that special night out Whatever your reason for visiting us we promise the kind of service that leaves you free to enjoy the moment. The Joshua Bradley & Bluebell Suite is the perfect venue for your wedding/civil ceremony and reception as not only is it a beautiful property with landscaped gardens but we also offer a professional and dedicated team to assist you every step of the way.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I recently called in on my own for a pint. As a cask ales fan I was impressed by selection and even more impressed by the knowledge and obvious passion for the ale by Duncan behind the bar, he has definitely won a new customer. Will call again with the family and try the food.

Joshua B, General Manager at Joshua Bradley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Thanks James

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Used to love this restaurant.menu now reduced . Prices raised ... food very average and over priced ... very quiet most evenings ... chose steak but tiny piece of steak .2 onion rings and watery peppercorn sauce with a Small tub of chips which were mainly little bits and one tiny mushroom ... only 3 tables of people yet service very slow !!! Will not be visiting again .

Sorry the food was up to our usual high standard, please give me a ring to discuss if you like. 0161 406 6766. Warren

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great afternoon at the joshua bradley. With top draw service by the amazing caroline and becky. Lead by bar manger duncan.

Thanks for those short but very kind words

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Recently moved into the area so paid a visit on a Friday at 21:00 with my son.

Wont bother again.
No atmosphere, very quiet and this was around 21:30.

The place is big and looks nice but also looks empty with so little custom.
I also felt the beer was over-priced, which may have had something to do with the absence of life. !!

Had a couple of pints and then went round the corner to another pub and had a great evening, this will now be my local .. a bit further to walk but worth it and the exercise wont do me any harm.

A place this big and prominent should have more to say about itself, but sadly it doesn't. A work colleague told me it used to be busy a few years ago especially on a Friday night and it was the place to go .. how times appear to have changed.

Sorry you found the pub so quite, it had been a very hot day and most people had been in all day and then gone. We do have live music first Saturday every month.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had booked a table for my Niece-in Law's Birthday. It was a lovely sunny day so we enjoyed a drink outside in the garden before going in for our meal. I enjoyed a nice bitter which was 'caramel' if I remember rightly!

Unfortunately, one of the meals didn't arrive as it had been given to another table. This was rectified quite quickly and didn't spoil the occasion too much. We were served by a girl called Caroline. She was really nice and friendly..... a real 'breath of fresh air'. Despite being very busy, Caroline looked after us in a courteous and professional manner. Another waitress also deserves a mention. She was called Jan.

I was impressed with my food (calamari followed by beef and ale pie) The pan fried duck was very nice as was the steak. However, the turkey roast meal was a little disappointing.

There seemed to be a queue at the bar for most of the time we were there. Not sure if they were short-staffed.

Thank you Caroline.... we were glad to be served by you and enjoyed your excellent sense of humour :-)

Joshua B, General Manager at Joshua Bradley, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks for the review Alastair, I'll pick up with the kitchen the Turkey meal. The queue is always there at the moment and we're just trying to get some tills moved to reduce the time you have to wait. Hope to see you soon.
Warren