“A RESTAURANT WITH NO WINE LIST?”
Review of The Merry fiddlers

The Merry fiddlers
Ranked #37 of 68 Restaurants in Epping
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 29 June 2018

This was my first visit & will be my last. On arrival we asked for a wine list, to be told they did not have one, ODD!! The barman was very affable though & offered us to taste the wines in the chiller, which we did.
We sat in the garden & our drinks were brought to us & we ordered our food. We did not get any cutlery or condiments until after our food was already on the table. I had the Ham, Egg & Chips that was half cold by the time the cutlery arrived ( I HATE half cold food)The eggs were rock hard, the Ham looked like they had sourced it from a cheap corner shop, the chips were ok though. One of the party had a cold dish & the other had the Liver that was still hot due to the gravy.
I visited the loo twice, on the last visit there was a tooth brush & paste & shaving paraphernalia on the sink WHAT ??? Also no paper on either visit.

2  Thank elizabeth m

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

I got a parking ticket from thos pub.the owner told us to ignore it cost is £420 pound do not go to this pub.how dare he low life scum.would have been cheaper to get a cab

5  Thank amandamarshall41
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely prosecco afternoon tea here with some friends. One of those afternoons, you could have stayed all day.

Food was great, friendly service and value for money.

Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

What a poor example of any afternoon tea! Sandwiches with the skimpiest of fillings, scone and cream jam ok. Victoria sponge and lemon cake the thinnest slices ever, tiny frozen eclairs. Nothing was homemade very poor quality... Wish I'd taken a photo..
Very disappointing. And to boot they have parking restrictions, why? Such a shame as this place is on my doorstep, I won't be returning!

3  Thank Furbie61
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped off at what looked like a nice friendly pub to feed our newborn baby - turned out to be an expensive mistake! My husband bought a quick drink while I fed him in the garden to justify our use of the car park and facilities. However, we didn’t realize you have to pay for the car park! The signs weren’t obvious, the bar staff (conveniently) didn’t mention anything and there was no ticket machine outside. There is NOTHING nearby so why would you charge for parking unless you are ripping off your customers or running a scam? You decide.

8  Thank Ellie D