“Lovely fish and chips”

Ranked #5 of 114 Restaurants in Felixstowe
Price range: US$13 - US$27
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Winner of 2017 Best Fish And Chips Restaurant In United Kingdom Fresh fish in beef dripping or lovely seabass , seabream , salmon cooked on charcoal grill
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Hot and tasty fish and chips. Good service. Was nice to sit in as the weather wasn't great. Lots of other options if you don't fancy fish and chips but glad we did !

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We popped in to the fish dish just by chance. We were walking along the sea front and saw the restaurant from the pier and wandered in.
They were quite busy as it was lunchtime but we were seen to quickly by a very polite young lady, and she sat the 4 of us down in a lovely spot overlooking the pier and the sea.

The food order was taking quickly and we didn't have to wait that long for the food to come out either. When it did come out the portion sizes were a good decent size and tasted everything tasted amazing.

Would highly recommend this restaurant. And we shall be coming back the next time we visit felixstowe.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Arrived about 14:05. Was greeted by stairs everywhere. Up and down! Being disabled was not looking forward to negotiation them. Was greeted by a very pleasent gentleman who asked if it was a table for two? Yes is the answer... Next words out of his mouth were 'would you like to use the wheelchair access?' even though I am on crutches... This as a start puts my value on the quality of the establishment.
Went to plaice order (see what I did there!). The drinks came in good time.
Jazz music being played. Reasonable level
Food arrived in a timely manner, was damn hot..... Nice amount of food on the plate.
Service was excellent.
Staff attitude was excellent
Great meal

Reviewed 29 April 2018

This was a surreal experience!
I took my wife and two of her friends to this restaurant and we ordered 2 fish and chips and a very mediocre salad (£13). My wife asked for another plate so we could share, the owner delivered the food and told me it would cost £2.50 for the extra plate as they "don't allow sharing", I laughed as I thought he was joking, evidently he wasn't, when I went to pay the bill it was actually on there! I said I wouldn't pay it and he said he was going to call the police! He became increasingly aggressive and came from behind his counter to point his finger in my face and tell me I had had excellent service and I deserved to pay it. I pointed out the pile of Trip Advisor cards on his counter and duly took one, his words were "I don't give a s**t about Trip Advisor it's rubbish", the irony is quite amusing! There are plenty of other GOOD restaurants in Felixstowe so I suggest you enjoy them rather than the rude people and over-priced food from this "restaurant".

5  Thank Ju Yun Y
Reviewed 28 April 2018

Popped in for a bag of chips and a can of drink.The chips were very good and reasonably priced. Staff were friendly and overall very pleased.

1  Thank Joann K