“Good for a quick cuppa!”
Review of The Oaks Tearoom

The Oaks Tearoom
Ranked #20 of 114 Restaurants in Felixstowe
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Long-standing cafe but recently refurbished to a more modern feel. Very high quality home baked products on offer and well priced meals
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Been here a couple of times already and on each occasion been perfectly satisfied. Coffee and teas have been good and served hot, A good selection of tasty cakes and pastries. Friendly and efficient service.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

My wife and I enjoyed lunch A good choice inc smokey bacon, brie and cranberry quiche with salad and new potatoes and as a special excellent value for money

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Exquisit, first time for me since the new owners took over, must say they have kept up the standards very well, very friendly staff and nothings too much trouble. Excellent.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went in there at 1:30 on a Saturday. We were seated and then ignored. There was almost nobody there - a party had just gone out. After 5-10 minutes looking at the shabby menus, in this tiny little shop, I realised that the staff were avoiding my eye, and my attempts to get served. They busied themselves with other little tasks, but never came to take our order! No idea why: we were a respectable middle-aged couple. Once I realised that they were taking the p***, mysteriously my urge to eat there left; as did we. We often visit Suffolk teashops. This one ... there must be something odd going on. Avoid it.

4  Thank 123,456,700
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I haven't been back for a very long time to this place, but after hearing new management in place I just had to take a look and experience the new scene.
The inside looks more decorative with new paint and new vibe to the tea room - more cosy and inviting than before.

The food are exceptionally wonderful, fresh and tasty. Upon waiting for our food, I notice that a table is prepared for those who booked in advanced, tea pots arr laid out and ready to be served for the customer which I found to be really good touch and caring.

I had a cheese and ham omelette with salad, which was lovely. Fresh salad (naked) with homemade coleslaw. My boyfriend had a cheese and ham toasty which he found to be very tasty. Moist on the inside yet had a good crisp crust on the outside, we were amazed by the way it was cooked.

I would highly recommend this place as always because it has a friendly atmosphere, the price is reasonable for the size of the portions and the atmosphere is always what makes this place perfect for any occasion.

2  Thank Jason M