The Bull Inn(Cavendish)
All reviewscourse set menuribeye steakbed and breakfast dealpresented mealchurch bellswild garlic soupstour valleybar and waiting staffsingle travellergastro publong melfordovernight stay with dinnerlovely comfy bedlovely warm welcomelunch with friendsfull englishattractive village
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Having spent the day walking and soaked through the George was very welcoming. The staff are so friendly and accommodating answering all our questions. We were able to bath and dry all our clothes off. The room was impeccable. Real ground coffee in the rooms with a candy jar for a bonus treat. We headed down for dinner and we were not disappointed at all. Fresh picked wild garlic soup, wonderful chicken and a perfect stake. Washed down with a good wine. A fab Gin selection too. Our bed was comfortable not too much noise from punters downstairs either. Breakfast was insane Sausages from Long Melford butchers and bacon too ymmie for words. Wonderful. Can't wait to go back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We dropped in here for lunch as we only wanted a light lunch we had a sandwich each I had a smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwich and my wife had a steak and onion sandwich we had a side of chips to go with this and tea for me with a latte for my wife and my wife could not resist ordering the petit fours. This was really nice and on a cold wet Tuesday March day the George was busy and buzzing the service was really good and the food really nice. We have marked this one as must go to for a proper meal out in the near future from what I have seen so far you should do the same.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2018

This whole experience was top class from start to finish, The service was PERFECT - attentive without being intrusive. The food was delicious, beautifully presented and correct portion sizes, nice atmosphere and surroundings. To quote my mother "this is the best meal out I have had in ages". EXCELLENT value for money too.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank michellegaunt17
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Fabulous people, fabulous staff and cosy bedrooms what more could you want a country pub with rooms at its finest
Fantastic varied menu for dinner catering for all tastes great selection of gins.
Lovely comfy bed I will be back!

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 4 March 2018

A few years ago the owners of The George took on a second establishment. A few weeks ago they reverted to just running the George, and the standard of food has noticeably improved.The service has always been excellent.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple