All reviews village green ribeye steak bed and breakfast deal presented meal church bells wild garlic soup friendly waitress stour valley single traveller bar and waiting staff pretty village long melford overnight stay with dinner fantastic accommodation lovely comfy bed pre dinner drinks full english
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We dropped in here for lunch as we only wanted a light lunch we had a sandwich each I had a smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwich and my wife had a steak and onion sandwich we had a side of chips to go with this and tea for me with a latte for my wife and my wife could not resist ordering the petit fours. This was really nice and on a cold wet Tuesday March day the George was busy and buzzing the service was really good and the food really nice. We have marked this one as must go to for a proper meal out in the near future from what I have seen so far you should do the same.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

This whole experience was top class from start to finish, The service was PERFECT - attentive without being intrusive. The food was delicious, beautifully presented and correct portion sizes, nice atmosphere and surroundings. To quote my mother "this is the best meal out I have had in ages". EXCELLENT value for money too.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank michellegaunt17
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Fabulous people, fabulous staff and cosy bedrooms what more could you want a country pub with rooms at its finest
Fantastic varied menu for dinner catering for all tastes great selection of gins.
Lovely comfy bed I will be back!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

A few years ago the owners of The George took on a second establishment. A few weeks ago they reverted to just running the George, and the standard of food has noticeably improved.The service has always been excellent.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Wet & hungry after starting late on a cold walk along the Stour valley from Clare, we arrived here for lunch after they had stopped serving food. However, un-phased by our muddy boots, a charming person asked the chefs who produced delicious hot soup & warm bread ... complete with Valentine’s Day decoration in the soup! We thawed out and read while they got ready for a fully booked dinner that evening. Everyone looked after us from the moment we walked in to the moment we left; we could not have felt more welcome. Someone’s doing a fine job there with a fine team.

Date of stay: February 2018