“Delicious Tonkotsu Ramen”

Price range: US$9 - US$18
Description: Authentic Japanese Ramen
Description: Authentic Japanese Ramen
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is the second location of Fukuryu Ramen that has opened up in the greater Columbus area. This location is in this wonderful newly developed area in Dublin that parallels Riverside Drive near the new Marriott Hotel. This area is growing really fast with a number of interesting restaurants scattered all over (RAM, Cap City Diner, Vaso...). There is plenty of parking (for now) because of two free parking garages located in this area.

Fukuryu Ramen has both indoor and outdoor seating. We first tried sitting indoors, but the stools on the tables are very uncomfortable (bar seats have regular chairs). Fortunately, the outdoor seating has better chairs and even though the temperature was high, there was a nice breeze blowing, so it was quite nice.

I got one of their Sangria's and my wife got their ginger based cocktail. Both were very good, although a bit light on the alcohol :). My Signature Tonkotsu was delicious. I wish there was more soup to it, but it was just perfect. My wife got their Junk Ramen, which was flavorful, but they had over-salted it. Perhaps, because it comes without any soup, the amount of salt is not adjusted properly. We also got their poke nachos to share, which were quite good.

This is not sit down service --- you order at the counter and they bring you your food, but it's a hip little restaurant with good food.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

The menu is not extensive but the ingredients appeared fresh and everything came out as expected. The portions were more than sufficient. Well worth going.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

I've ordered Fukuryu a couple of times from Amazon restaurants. The chicken ramen is OK - super salty and not a great flavor. Tastes like super salty beef broth. Probably won't order it again.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

I wanted some hot noodles for dinner and I came across Fukuryu. The restaurant deco is modern and the menu is easy to read. The cashier who took my order was awesome. He took the time to explain each noodle bowl for me and made recommendation. I ended up getting the Traditional Ramen and pork Belly bun. The buns were AWESOME and so is the noodle. I will definitely come back one last time before leaving town.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

I met with a co-worker at Fukuryu and we enjoyed a cool dinner at this noodle shop. The bowls were pretty good sized, although you need an appetizer along with a bowl to feel full enough, in my opinion. Then again, maybe I hadn't eaten in long enough and just plowed through my bowl because it tasted really good.

The seating inside is a little different, so be prepared for some non-padded little metal stools on the long tables where you eat, but the food came out so crazy fast and it was very good. I had fun with the experience.

Been to Fukuryu Ramen? Share your experiences!