“Great Place to Throw a Small Party”

Gokul Cafe Vegan & Vegetarian Only
Ranked #877 of 2,367 Restaurants in Columbus
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

If you are in search of a place to host a party for a small group of people then I would like to recommend Gokul Cafe. I recently booked their party room for a family reunion. We were a group of about thirty people. The booking option is available online and it is very easy. I had mentioned all my requirements and the staff followed it perfectly. The party room has adequate space and is very clean and tidy. Food was delicious. The Malai kofta, aloo gobi and the vegetable pulao was exceptionally good. We all had a great time, all thanks to the wonderful arrangement and prompt service by the staff. Thank you, Gokul Cafe for making it memorable.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

I went to Gokul café with my family on my son's birthday. We had Gobi Manchurian as appetizers and Dal Makhani, Malai Kofta with butter naan as main course. For dessert we had kulfi. The food was lip smacking good. The staff was also very prompt and helpful. To top it we loved the ambience of the restaurant.Would like to visit again.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

I really have enjoyed my stay at this particular restaurant. The food is really great. At the same time, I would like to thank the professionals working here. They are quite cordial and are ready to help you as and when being required.

1  Thank subhojit1guharoy
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

My second visit was made with some trepidation as I had not enjoyed my first visit. It had been more than a year and the person I was meeting picked the place.

I ordered Masala tea which was reasonably good but could have used more fresh ginger.

The buffet was a mistake . The foods were barely warm and insipid. The yoghurt rice was acceptable . The salad lacked imagination and consisted of chuck of cucumber, carrots and tomato. The coconut chutney was okay. I was told by my host that ordering off the menu is a better choice. I’ll try that sometime if I am
made to return again.

Besides the food the Bollywood music was pretty bad and a bit too loud. An instrumental bansoori or bamboo flute would be better and more reminiscent of the GOKUL name . Still, it’s a cafe and not a restaurant.

They had plenty of staff who tried to be helpful but lack a hospitable style. Came across stiff and untrained.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Service is ok, but the food lacks taste and quality. On each of the two times I have gone to this restaurant, the sambhar was ridiculously watery and lacked taste. For goodness sake, please add some dal to your sambhar, and spices to the dosa filling. Not sure if there will be a third time!

1  Thank Walkingman66