Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Hyatt.com
US$105
View deal
Expedia
Agoda.com
Trip.com
All reviews great place to stay very nice hotel spacious rooms pro football hall of fame business trip nice room convenient location would stay here again hot breakfast hot tub front desk staff mall interstate wedding ohio couch
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 February 2021

This hotel was not a good experience. Our sports team was using this hotel for our recent tournament. We have used this hotel for many years. Due to Covid and changing tournament rules, our team needed one night instead of two. Our representative called the hotel in advance to make this change and the manager told her yes... good to go. When I booked my room, I called directly to book. I asked for one night. It was confirmed on the phone and over my email confirmation that I was, indeed, staying for one night. Upon arriving at the hotel to check in, I was told that I would have to pay for two nights. Apparently, the manager who was working on the contract was fired and left the hotel without any updates. When we tried to explain this, we were told sorry.. we would be paying for two nights anyway. Even though I had a direct email confirmation from the hotel in my hand that clearly stated I had booked for one night. The new manager was nowhere to be found. After asking several times to speak to someone to help us solve this, the manager finally emerged from the back. She was not friendly or helpful in any way. She refused to rectify the situation or even look into it further. She was very rude. Obviously, since they had lost two managers in such a short time, they were already having some management issues. I ended up paying for two nights instead of one because all of the hotels were booked and we had a tournament in the morning. Upon check in, I found a big wad of hair on my pillow and also found a Kinder egg all smashed up on the wall above the couch. Not super clean. I would not recommend staying at this hotel. I am sure there are nicer ones with better staff and cleaner rooms.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank erinehartman
Christina Raborn, General Manager at Hyatt Place Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2021

Dear erinehartman,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for the challenges you experienced at our hotel. Your group was here as part of a special event and had a contract which was agreed upon in October 2020. I understand there may have been a change to the event. However, your group contact had ample time between the booking of the event and the day of arrival to contact the hotel and request an amendment be made to the contract. The hotel turned away other business to ensure we could accommodate your group on the dates specified in the contract.

Although you may have changed your reservations, the new confirmation, with all confirmations, does explain that if you are part of a group event, that will supersede the standard cancellation clause of the hotel. I do believe this was explained to you as well. Even though all were angered, as you stated above, this does not justify the actions of the group towards the employees of the hotel as the hotel does not tolerate bullying and/or intimidation tactics.

Regarding the cleanliness issues you referenced above, you could have reached out to the front desk team at any time during your stay and they would have rectified the situation or moved you to a new room.

I do hope your team did well in the event. We wish you all best!

Reviewed 28 February 2021

First our stay was for a high school sporting event, that is typically two days long. This year due to covid, the event was changed to 1 day. Our group had a contract for a block of rooms that called out two day stays and was signed before the event changed to 1day. Each parent had subsequently changed their reservation to 1 day and had received confirmation numbers from Hyatt reflecting that change and agreed to by the sales director - Derrick. Unfortunatley, Derrick left the company, and his replacement was fired days before our arrival.

Now the fun begins, as the group began to check in, the property manager refused to accept the new confirmation numbers and informed everyone they would have to pay for two nights per the contract. Obviously, this angered all involved, The ever helpful manager simply told everyone they were attacking her and she would need to call the police. Never once was she attacked or threatened. Not even close.

If you are looking for a place to stay with a manager who will never help you, furniture with bleach stains all over it (who knows what the original stain was), food from the past guest on the carpet then this is your place. Good luck and enjoy the pompous manager.

4  Thank 4daltonfam

Dear 4daltonfam,

I do hope your team did well in the event. We wish you all best!

Reviewed 13 February 2021

My stay this time was great overall. The staff was welcoming and informative. Everyone was social distanced. The rates were well priced. Breakfast options were also provided which was an unexpected bonus. Room was clean and comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Christina Raborn, General Manager at Hyatt Place Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2021

Dear jbh3884,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 December 2020

The location of this place is perfect. It is right in the middle of everything from food, shopping, fuel and entertainment. It has easy access to the interstate also. The room was very clean and spacious.

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 27 November 2020

From the moment we made contact with the staff of the hotel, everything was handled courteously and professionally. Originally, I had reserved a king bed room and asked if there were any handicapped rooms available and they changed with no increase in cost.

Date of stay: November 2020
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Christina Raborn, General Manager at Hyatt Place Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2020

Dear donaldj968,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is great to see you enjoyed your stay with us and we are happy the staff was able to accommodate your requests. We hope we have the pleasure of serving you again if you come back to Canton!