“Awesome”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant is very unassuming from the outside. It was an old train depot and has been updated and landscaped very nicely. It is a small intimate setting with personal service. Not your typical waitresses/waiters. The owners are there working. Rhonda is one of the owners and is the chef. They recommend reservations but are not necessary BUT if they are full with reservations there are no walk-in tables and you may be turned away, especially on the weekends.

As for the nourishments...for a VERY small town restaurant the cuisine is near gourmet. Very unique dishes and very tasty. But there is something for everyone. They have hamburgers that do not taste like anything you have ever had and the size....you need a fork and knife to eat it. I had French onion soup that was loaded with onions and different kinds of cheese. Best I've EVER had!! There were four of us and we all had the burgers. If you aren't really hungry they are big enough to split. They have a wide range of meals, steaks, fresh seafood, pasta, and many other dishes, along with flat breads and sandwiches. ALL dishes come out as a presentation, even the burgers. Beautiful. And they taste as good as they look!! Don't be in a hurry if you come because it is so much more personal than a typical restaurant and they don't rush you. Be sure to save room for dessert. The pumpkin pudding (which is seasonal) is wonderful. Craft beers and wines to!!!

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Mustard seed cafe is very small and I would suggest calling ahead to make sure they have room for you literally. The place literally holds about 30 people(about). We found this place as a recommendation from google maps. Upon entrance, waitress asked if we had reservations. Of course not, but I asked if we needed them. She said highly recommended but she would try to get us in shortly. We waited about 15 min for a table. I'm glad we waited, fresh bread served while we waited for our dinners. We both ordered hamburgers and fries and they were excellent! If you have time, make a reservation, don't wing it and get turned away!

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Really good burger, maybe the best I've had in a long time. Fries were included and excellent as well. My daughter had a fried green tomato blt. All prices were good for the quality of food and portion size. We will be back again when we visit.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We drove 40 miles to eat here. Was well worth the trip. My husband had the swordfish special and I had porterhouse steak with parsnips and leeks. For dessert we had the carmelized peaches. Excellent!!!
Would definitely come here again.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Fantastic food, great service and what a great value. Steak and Swordfish plus wine and dessert for under $100.