“home-cooked meal”

Jeanne's Kitchen
Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in Bluffton
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 7 September 2016

We had a stuffed bell pepper and a quesadilla, both are good and are on special for the day. Most patrons are gray heads, but it is unhurried and family-like, we go for re-fill by ourselves on cold drinks.

Reviewed 2 July 2016

A small, elegant, tastefully decorated diner in Bluffton Ohio. On a side street with on street parking. I am told it was an opera house back in the day. We arrived just a few minutes before closing but were graciously seated. The special was soup and salad bar (it changes daily) and the salad bar was fresh and tasty and obviously made from scratch (no bagged lettuce) The soup choices were potato and broccoli asparagus. I tried a little of both soups and they were AMAZING! Potato soup like I had never tasted with fresh herbs. Serve yourself beverages and pay on the way out. On the menu were many choices for sandwiches and wraps. Will try those next visit. The diner is attached to a very nice gift shop The Black Lab Trading Company which had antiques, collectibles, jewelry, clothing, candles, etc.
I will definitely return to this place. I think they are only open for lunch, but I could be wrong.
Delicious! And the prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

I love to go here for lunch and her special Friday night dinners. It is in an old building with a great atmosphere. All her food is made from scratch with authentic ingredients.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

Five of us stopped at Jeanne's Kitchen for lunch and talk. The food was delicious. A lot of choices and all very reasonably priced. It was convenient to be able to get your own drink rather than have to wait to be served. Smart! We appreciated no one chasing us out right away after eating. We stayed and solved all of the world's problems.

Adjoining the restaurant with a walk-through is a wonderfully decorated boutique with all kinds of nice things. A great way to spend lunch and most of the afternoon!

Reviewed 12 September 2015

i was in Bluffton and decided to have a meal here. They had two choices on the menu only, talaria or pork tenderloin. Sides were green beans and fingerling potatoes. Appetizer was a small salad well made and crackers with a fruit compote. Dessert was peach pie with ice cream. I chose the tenderloin and am so happy I did. The place is small but they don't rush you. The bill is not brought to you. You pay when you leave. The chef comes out and mingles with patrons. Most people are regulars because they were very happy to see Michael cooking there. They accommodate special diets but the price of the meal remains the same. Overall it was a nice place excellent service and the food was even better. It was one of those rare places I would return to.