“Rude Staff”

Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: JD Wetherspoon pub and hotel on the Market Place in Thirsk. Open from 7 am for breakfast with alcohol served from 9 am. Full food menu available 7 am until 11 pm. Bar closes at midnight Sun-Thurs and at 1 am Fri/Sat. Seven hand pulled real ales available and a wide range of spirits, lagers and wines. Food choices include English pub classics, American burgers and hot dogs and five 'club' nights across the week: Steak Club (Tues), Chicken Club (Wed), Curry Club (Thurs), Fish Friday, Sunday Club.
Reviewed 11 June 2021

The staff need some training in customer service. I accidentally dropped my phone under the table, when I went to retrieve it, I was accused of picking up someone else's phone by the waiter. When I tried to explain, he accused me of giving him "lip" terrible service. Will not return!

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (370)

Reviewed 8 June 2021

I'm a Spoons mega-fan, but was just disappointed that this one had ran-out of vegan options by 7 o'clock :( It would have been good if they'd offered to make something up from vegan ingredients, but they did-not so had to go elsewhere...

There's a vegan café just down the road that's animal-friendly and has nearby parking for an electric car.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 26 May 2021 via mobile

This pub used to be OK but things have changed since reopening after the lockdown. Last weekend they didn't have any beer on! The next time I went in with my mrs for a meal. The choice of real ales was appalling and after waiting 20 minutes to get served we left.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 4 November 2020

We have been here twice within the last 6 months. Both times we ordered food. First visit the food was avaerage. We were in the area so decided to visit again. The whole place was cold and draughty to the extent that we had to keep our coats on the entire time we were sat at the table. My wife's hair was moving around in the breeze, that's how draughty it was. We were shivering. I commented about it to a staff member who made light of it. The food on this visit was very poor. It wasnt even good pub food, it was well below standard, bland, only just warm and tatseless. Due to the draughty nature of the pub, our food went cold very quickly. We will not be returning again

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 28 October 2020 via mobile

This place used to be good however in the past year it’s gone out of the window....
- no sauces on the side of the small plates, even though it stated that they come with it
- no paper on the small plates so the food ends up touching the table through the basket thing
-cranberry juice was sour, unlike normal
-ordered ginger ale however they sent out spicy ginger ale which tastes totally different and wrong
-desserts were cold, we ordered a “warm brownie” and “warm cookie dough sandwich, both were literally stone cold and it wasn’t because of the ice cream as it was cold throughout, not as it normally is..
2 stars because the waiter was polite and helpful, nothing to do with the service, just the food was rubbish...

Date of visit: October 2020