“Do try this new venue”
Review of Socius

Socius
Price range: US$9 - US$40
Description: The Socius ethos is simple: to create a memorable food and drink experience in a completely relaxed environment. Located in Foundry Place, just off North Street, Socius offers locally sourced produce in dishes which change to reflect the seasons. Our food is served on small plates - as a modern British take on tapas.
Reviewed 30 May 2018

We called in a week ago at lunch time .Plenty of spare tables. But I expect not for too long. So book. During the summer I expect this tappas restaurant will be very popular and quite rightly so.The food was different and excellent. Attractively presented and very good in the mouth. Plenty of choice

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Lucky getting a table for lunch on Saturday, without booking, just before another couple was turned down.
Natalie and the chef Dan Lawrence, and Dan #2 for the pudding dishes, have been wonderful and very professional.
The dishes were perfectly cooked and well presented.
The caramelised cauliflower mousse with the pork cheek was a pure delicacy. The quail with its pea and parmesan purée was equally tasteful. To follow, we enjoyed the calves liver and the John Dory plates both cooked to perfection.
Divine puddings ended a perfect meal that we can’t wait to repeat very soon.
The open kitchen is immaculate with chef and staff working in total harmony without any disturbing kitchen noise. All seem to be well in place to allow a smooth workflow.
A great addition to North Norfolk already large list of interesting establishments.
With Morston Hall, Cromer Upstairs N°1, Gunton Arms and some more, North Norfolk is definitely one county to be added on any gastronomic aficionados' must visit bucket list.
Highly recommended.

3  Thank FreddyNoel
Reviewed 27 May 2018

Went here for my sons birthday, it is sort of English tapas. They say pick 3 or 4 dishes each then share. As there were 4 of us we just went through the whole menu and I am so glad we did, every dish was beautifully presented and just enough of everyone to have a taste. Not sur you could manage this if there is only 2 of you. You must leave room for desserts as they are delicious. They do some great cocktails too. The staff are very friendly and helpful. It would be a good place for lunch too.
I would highly recommend this restaurant

1  Thank Kathrynowl91
Reviewed 25 May 2018

We were staying in Burnham Market last week and thought we would have a change from the Hoste menu (Also good). I did not take to the menu being a fussy devil but my wife won the day (as usual) and I have to say it was one of the most enjoyable meals I have had in a while. We went on the Wednesday evening and tried to get in last Friday evening but alas they were booked up. I like the fact that the kitchen is in full view and the chefs appeared to be very orderly considering the restaurant was full and with waiting time between courses geared to suit the customer you can enjoy your meal without having to rush. We will certainly go again when next up that way.
Thank you for a fantastic evening.

1  Thank Dutchclan
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

We had heard good things and dropped in for a drink and some small nibbles on Saturday lunchtime.
A wide choice of big and smaller dishes on the menu.
We chose the duck bonbons, homemade foccacia ,burrata with heritage tomatoes and pesto drizzle. I hadn't had anything as tasty in years.
Wonderful quality, delicious fresh food served with passion.