Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
What's not to like

Beer brewed here brings back memories of the best beers of my youth. Lovely ales brewed on the... read more

Reviewed 11 December 2018
paulwE756BK
Grange-over-Sands, United Kingdom
Excellent

What’s not to love- cheese, beer and a wine snug!! Loved it. We popped into the brewery first, they... read more

Reviewed 21 November 2018
Jowilson00
Liverpool, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews cheese shop real ale bread great beer wine shop great little place sit outside the owner different beers seating area his brother sun trap take home tables and chairs pie eel river wooden board
Reviewed 25 April 2018

What a great place, a small craft brewery situated in a sunny courtyard shared with a wine shop and a cheese shop. There's even a wood burner for cooler days. My hubby rated the beers 5 star! He loved the 3 x half pints on a wooden board - a bargain at £4. I made do with a coke - being the driver! However, the sunny courtyard is a lovely place to sit and you can get cheese platters or a glass of wine from the other shops in the courtyard. A must visit place.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely great beer and an ambiance in the 'Unsworths yard' next to Cartmell cheeses. Also the wine bar

Reviewed 22 April 2018

Staying in Cartmel for a couple of days, we were delighted to find a courtyard shared by a mini brewery, a bakery, a cheese shop & a wine/cocktail bar. The weather was glorious & we relaxed, drinking real ale. What more could you wish for? A board of three halves at only £4-excellent value. We were so happy that we returned again in the evening for another chill. Thankyou for making our visit to Cartmel memorable.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Pete greeted me and gave me a little tour before giving me a free taste of some ales.
They make a handful of ales and have a little seating area indoor and outdoor also.
I purchased 3 bottles at a cost of £9 and have since finished them and I must say how thoroughly enjoyable they were too!!
A little hidden gem in a wonderful village. Visited April 16th 2018.

1  Thank shane s
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Another reason to visit Cartmel besides buying a sticky toffee pudding! The beer is great and the staff are very friendly and accommodating. It was drizzling when we were there and so we couldn’t, unfortunately, sit outside in the lovely ‘yard’. However, we bought some pastries from the excellent cheese shop next door and the guy serving immediately offered to cut them up for us to share. He then presented them to us on a wooden board which we then carried to the brewery where we also enjoyed three taster halves for £4. A delicious lunch!