Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$133
ExpediaUS$133
Trip.comUS$134
TripadvisorUS$133
FindHotel
Agoda.comUS$133
2,326 results
All reviews spiral staircase sunday carvery afternoon tea executive room lovely hotel steam room and sauna wedding venue nelsons bar leisure facilities my partner the ground floor buffet style the palm court the pub both nights evening meal food was lovely
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Came here for a night away with my 9 year old daughter for a May half term girls treat .

We thought the hotel is absolutely beautifully decorated , gardens impeccable and public areas incredible . Gardeners on site making it summery with wonderful plants .

The zen tranquility garden was absolutely stunning - no photo could do it justice and with good weather due was nice to see cushions out for clients to enjoy after the recent bad weather .

We had an executive room which was absolutely beautiful . Windows only opened a crack and we had them open all night and were absolutely boiling hot on what was quite a chilly May night - not sure how comfortable this would be in the height of summer . In the middle of the night , I was woken by an alarm which persisted all night and when I called reception first thing - was still going . They came promptly to see the issue . I mentioned it on check out and to house keeping that it had prevented me sleeping as it was constant . A little disappointed that that was the end of it as I’ve not come home as refreshed as I would have liked after a bad night’s sleep. Only other niggle was evening meal wasn’t served with poppadums as mentioned on the menu.

The only slot available for a swim booked a week early was 2pm which coincided with check in . So we only really got 25 mins in the spa area to enjoy the facilities which was a shame - longer would have really been good for us - but this is stated on the website . We’re going to another hotel locally next week which states we get a full hour , so bear in mind if booking this .

Food was lovely -we ate an evening meal - 2 courses - it did come v quickly and main course came within seconds of starter going - prefer a longer break or to be asked if ready . Quality of food however was divine - chicken Katsu curry a winner .

Breakfast was lovely - we did want to order from the order menu and waited a long time so eventually I asked at the buffet . It was worth the wait as food was incredible - again in lovely surroundings beyond spotless . Hotel accommodated covid restrictions extremely well and it was lovely to see ALL guests and staff abiding to current restrictions . Met a lovely couple celebrating a big anniversary who kindly recommended other hotels to us in other parts of the uk ( thank you if you read this )

Guests were extremely respectful generally of each other and staff apart from one man who we witnessed speaking very rudely to a waitress - a good lesson for my daughter how not to behave mind !!!

Had two lovely late afternoon drinks in the palm restaurant- a smoothie for my daughter and wonderful wine for me - massive winner until we took them outside and realised we hadn’t paid and had to ring the restaurant quickly to rectify this . Was lovely to be thanked for our honesty and a great joke and banter with staff alleviated the embarrassment . Staff in both restaurants were so friendly -if anything more needed as they worked tirelessly to maintain very high standards of service and cleanliness with cheer at all times .

A lovely touch to have a coffee machine on site to help ourselves to - enjoyed a couple of lovely complimentary drinks playing cards .

It’s lovely that a tip was added to bills so staff get them and this was clear on menus as we move to a more cashless society

Would we come again - absolutely - it has set the bar extremely high now for future girls breaks away .

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Really enjoyed ourselves tonight, the food was lovely (great katsu curry) great selection of food and drinks and staff couldn't do enough to help. Lovely bar and looking forward to revisting in the future.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2021

Upon our arrival, the staff was friendly and welcoming. There were ample parking, free of charge on-site and beautiful surroundings.

There is an onsite bar and restaurant, sadly areas had been restricted due to the pandemic but we weren't made to feel out of place. They had a lovely IPA on tap and a reduced menu which fulfilled every need, vegan options included. We had the cajun chicken burger and it was beautiful. We had the Beaverneck IPA on tap. They had outside seating and a marquee for the 'inside-outside dining' during the pandemic, but for better weather there is plenty of outdoor seating around the pond and on the grounds - GORGEOUS!

The inside of the hotel is beautiful, with gorgeous decor and an on-site coffee machine too. In the room, there are tea and coffee-making facilities, with some extra special touches. Comfortable rooms with no disturbances in the evening. In our room (executive suite) we had a complimentary bag of choccies, a range of tea and coffee bags. We also had toiletries such as a shower cap, shampoo, soap and even a sewing kit in case you have an accident on your trip. The in-room fridge was more than ample in size.

The only fault we found was the wifi having a slow buffer rate but couldn't be helped and was just for 1 night. Also the view from our room was just of rooftops - nothing too fancy. But with this, we got a very quiet room. We weren't phased about a view.

We didn't have breakfast in the morning so we can't comment on this.

Room tip: Quieter rooms available but don't have a good view. On-site food and drink, top notch and accommodate for vegan, dairy free/allergens.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2021

Lovely experience from start to finish. I had an amazing massage, enjoyable lunch and my first facial. Considering these challenging times, it didn't seem to phase the team on delivering a positive experience, especially Steph from the spa who comfortableto talk to. I can't wait to go back.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2021

We called for a snack in the new marquee outside. It was a lovely day and the staff were all very pleasant and helpful. Not a lot of choice on the menu and a bit like a posh burger house! I was hoping for something different. There was a steak pie on but I really fancied something light, maybe fish and not in batter or breadcrumbs. the boys had a cajun burger with the usual chips ughhh and my son in law had a child's penne pasta with chicken made into a larger meal (well done to the chef and thank you for that) which I wished I had had now. I order the falafel burger with chips and coleslaw ... sorry I have eaten falafel all over the world in some of the best places and even cooked better myself. This had no flavour whatsoever and was dominated by a massive bun, salad would have been nicer than chips and the choice of either would also have been nice. I didn't comment on the meal when we were asked how everything was but left most of it so I assume they realised it was not enjoyed. I have been to the Grosvenor many times in the past and the first time since lockdown ended recently and I know they can do much better. If they are going to cook vegetarian food please make it edible and tasty, thank you.

Date of stay: April 2021