“Poor food - AGAIN”
Review of Piccolino

Piccolino
Ranked #17 of 41 Restaurants in Alderley Edge
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

I had a series of bad meals when the restaurant first opened so made a decision not to go back for a good while despite Italian food being by first choice.
Fancying a Spaghetti Carbonara yesterday, I took my daughter for lunch. We arrived at 12 and as previously noted, the place has a nice feel. It’s light, bright, buzzy and the waiters were quick to seat us and take a drinks order.
We were quickly told that the Carbonara wasn’t available due to no Lardons (really??) so we ordered a half and half garlic bread, a Lasagne and a Chicken Milanese.
The drinks came quickly and the garlic bread followed and was good. The waiters were attentive and after an appropriate gap, brought the main courses. The Lasagne looked like it had come from the microwave, it was completely dried out on top, luke warm on one side and hotter than the sun on the other! But it tasted worse than it looked, there was barely any meat, it was stodgy and didn’t taste fresh.
The Pollo Milanese was luke warm (at best) and just not enjoyable.
I can’t believe that I’ve just been unlucky the 10 or 12 times I’ve eaten in this restaurant and really want to like it but the food has been unbelievably poor on every occasion.

3  Thank vaburns

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Three visits in three weeks tells you that I very much like this place. Second visit was with my son for his birthday, the waiters all came and sang happy birthday to him while bringing a plate of desserts.
Was impressed that the waiter remembered me again during my most recent visit, this time with my partner and his daughter. It's nice to know that staff pay enough attention to their guests in such a busy restaurant and you're not treated as just another customer. In fact I wish I was able to name check him now as he deserves recognition for his service...even while dealing with other customers he was looking over to check we were okay.
The food is as expected in a Piccolino's, good portions and value for money; I can recommend the crab ravioli and salmon farfalle and the oysters are delicious, but the onion side dressing is not necessary.
One little tip - if you're having white wine, ask for the bottle top to be kept on. As the wine cooler is so large, our bottle fell in and was diluted with the melted ice, luckily we'd drunk most of it so it wasn't an issue.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Booked here early Saturday very busy. We were well looked after by the staff. Food was very tasty. Didn't have to wait long. Great atmosphere.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

We visited for Sunday lunch and, considering the location, were pleasantly surprised at what good value the set menu was. The food was delicious and the staff were mostly attentive.

It was very busy and there was a lovely atmosphere.

Would recommend.

1  Thank pedderz
Reviewed 11 June 2018

I have no remarks to the restaurants, food or services. High-level organization, high culture of the waiters.

1  Thank Judyta C