UNICO 20.87 Hotel Riviera Maya
Villa Morena(Akumal)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,515 results
All reviewslocal hostroom servicequiet poolspa appointmentssignature massagein room diningdinner reservationsswim up roomthe mexican restaurantocean frontmain poolall inclusive resortfiletmayan coffeepoolside servicepersonal butlerpool waiter
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed for a 5-night getaway in room 1401 (very end of building one... farthest away from the restaurants). We loved the ocean-front room and the tub on the balcony! All of the restaurants were very nice and the food was the best out of the 4 other all-inclusives I've stayed at in Mexico.

Our local host, Edgar, took great care of us. We would find little notes and special touches in our room after we were out and about during the day. Sometimes a bottle of wine, or a bubble bath... just nice extras to make us feel special. We're pretty self-sufficient, so we didn't ask him for much, but he still checked in every day to see how we were doing and if we needed anything.

We took the "Curated Tulum" tour. The snorkeling was excellent. We saw turtles, stingrays, and lots of pretty fish. The weather was horrible, but we still managed to enjoy the walking tour of Tulum (we just kept our bathing suits on after snorkeling).

We also enjoyed some of the discounted services like massage and pedicure. It was a nice treat.

If you're like me and like to work out, the gym is very nice with lots of cardio machines and weight machines, too. They also have free weights. You are always offered a towel and a bottle of water when you walk in.

This resort was also the most generous with food and beverage. Portion sizes at the restaurants were normal (not tiny like some places), and they never seemed stingy with the alcohol.

Our rooms were stocked with plenty of water and soft drinks/beer, and lots of snacks, too. We're not room service people (we just walk to where the food is), but we saw lots of people taking advantage of that as well.

If you are someone who HAS to have a beautiful beach, this is NOT the place for you. They have a SERIOUS seaweed problem, and the beach is not very deep. If you're like me and just like to look at the water and listen to the waves, this shouldn't be a problem.

Over all, this is a great place to stay with friendly staff and nice amenities (and no kids).

Room Tip: If you like things quiet, ask for an upper floor in building 1.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mindy M
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I feel that I have stayed at quite a few different all-inclusive resorts, and I have to say that this hotel is hands-down my absolute favorite. This hotel exudes elegance and is hip without being obnoxious.

From the moment you walk into the lobby, you are greeted by the most amazing scent I have ever encountered. I can almost still smell it now. The lobby is very tastefully decorated and feels very inviting. Whoever designed this hotel really has a great sense of style and purpose. Walking through the corridors, each corner revealed a new surprise. They really managed to find a great way of blending Mexican charm into a very "of the moment" trendy design style.

Each restaurant looked like a Michelin-rated venue, and the food quality was by far the best I have ever experienced at an all-inclusive. Usually, I have either neutral or negative feelings about food at all-inclusive resorts, but this place was outstanding! We had a Chateaubriand for dinner one night that was something that dreams are made of. From each appetizer to the main course, everything was beautifully presented and tasted incredible. I loved feeling like I was in a special restaurant, surrounded by gorgeous design and wonderful food. I also want to pay special compliments to the food at the more casual spots. We had the most amazing ceviche at the bar/restaurant by the quiet pool. Everything always tasted fresh and well-prepared. I also thought the tacos al pastor were the best I have ever had (and I live in Houston, which is prime taco territory!). The wood-fire oven pizzas were also of the highest quality. I was thoroughly impressed.

I was also very impressed by the service. I noticed that some reviewers have mentioned Alberto at the 20.87 restaurant, and I definitely share the same opinion. He was very friendly and accommodating. Our local host, Hector, was also amazing. He would stop and chat for a bit when he saw us, which always made us feel nice. All of the people we encountered were friendly, warm and hard-working. I give my compliments from everyone to the manager down to each of the employees. They really make an effort to make you feel special.

We may have been lucky, but one thing that really shocked me was the absence of the "towel game". At every single all-inclusive resort I have stayed, there would always be people who would wake up at 6am and go reserve chairs for hours on end without actually using them. At this resort, they said they were at 90% occupancy, and we never once had a problem finding two chairs together, whether it be by the pool or on the beach. I loved that. Also, for it to have been 90% full, it never seemed crowded; neither at the restaurants, the beach or the pool. I really enjoyed being able to find space where you felt "away" from everyone. Made the experience much more romantic.

I also would say that all the rooms are nicely designed. Even the most basic room is a very generous size, with all the amenities you would expect and desire. The bathtub on the balcony was a nice feature, as well as the multiple seating areas (couch in the room, couch on the balcony and two chairs in the room).

In sum, I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. My only constructive criticism is that I wish they would enforce a dress code in the restaurants. It was a bit off-putting to see people in shorts and t-shirts at dinner at such lovely restaurants. I know people are on vacation, but we should all try to put our best foot forward when going out. It kind of cheapened the feeling.

Room Tip: Fifth floor corner rooms (ending in 01) have great position, views and privacy
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DCTraveler1979
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A very nicely done hotel with a lot of attention to detail and personalized service. I would definitely go back! Edgar Rivera was our personal host and he did an amazing job! He went above and beyond to make our trip memorable

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Constantinos D
Fernando_Garcia2087, Director General at UNICO 20.87 Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Constantinos D,

UNICO 20°87°' staff wants nothing more than to help our guest, Edgar will be pleased to learn about your review.

Looking forward to your next visit,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Unico is a modern, fresh and beautiful hotel with amazing customer service. Check-in was quick and professional - no presentations! The complimentary hats were a nice touch and you can have them personally painted while you are there. The rooms are gorgeous and clean and the food was great. Breakfast buffet was the best I have ever had at an all inclusive resort. Italian restaurant was our favorite: zucchini appetizer and filet were very very good. Pizza by the pool was amazing as were the drinks and service. Vodka Jade was their specialty cucumber drink that was refreshing and very unique. Vibe at the pool was great as we had a DJ everyday we were there. They also have a quiet pool if you want a more relaxing environment. We did the turtle snorkel tour and did see some turtles, stingrays and other tropical fish. Overall an amazing experience that I would recommend highly to all! Wish I was going back there sometime soon!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer B

Dear Jennifer B,

UNICO 20°87° makes you closely connect with the culinary innovations of modern Mexican cuisine, it was lovely to learn that you enjoyed every aspect of it.

Our team takes immense pride in making sure that every guest feels warmly welcomed and that every stay is memorable. Reviews like yours are a great reward for all that hard work.

Thank you again for your visit and we truly hope to see you soon in a future stay,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We went to Unico for a quick 4 night getaway. First of all, this place is beautiful - very modern décor and very clean. The grounds are laid out beautifully, with everything within easy walking distance. Food and drinks were very good, especially for an all inclusive, where sometimes these things can suffer a bit. Where this resort shines is in its service - almost all of the staff go out of their way to greet you or offer help. We had a room on the 5th floor of building 4, which was very convenient to the lobby, restaurants and spa. Our view was spectacular and we enjoyed the hot tub on the balcony every evening. The room is spacious and well decorated with plenty of storage and lighting.

We spent our days by the pool or beach and enjoyed the service at both, getting drinks throughout the day. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet at 2087 and the ala carte breakfast at Mi Carisa. Lunches were usually poolside, where we enjoyed pizza, tacos and chips and guac, although we did eat at the 2087 buffet for lunch one day. We had dinner each night in a different restaurant and enjoyed all of them, although Mi Carisa and Cueve Siete were our favorites. The Spa was wonderful, make sure you go an hour early and enjoy the hydrotherapy, it was outstanding. Our favorites were the volcanic stone massage, although we also enjoyed the Signature Four Hands massage as well. We made our spa reservations in advance through the Unico app which was very convenient as we heard some people had trouble getting reservations on arrival. Our host, Carlos was great, helping us get a room issue sorted out on arrival and making all of our dinner reservations. He found us each day and checked in with us and was generally very helpful. The seating at the pool is very comfy and plentiful. There are plenty of seats at the beach, but they are a tad uncomfortable, I do think this is one thing they could improve upon.

Again, this was a wonderful getaway and a place we would definitely visit again. It is head and shoulders above any all inclusive I have ever been to.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank CK95

Dear CK95,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide UNICO 20°87° with such detailed feedback about your stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed our regionally focused concept. It is such a pleasure to know that you had wonderful interactions with our staff.

Happy to hear that our Mexican flavors and traditions made your holidays extra special.

Thank you again for your kind words and we are looking forward to seeing you again,