“Smaller location, compared to Markham but better food and service!”

Mandarin Restaurant
Get food delivered
Ranked #6 of 241 Restaurants in Pickering
Price range: HK$148 - HK$216
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, International, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Service Update (June 26): Mandarin Pickering is offering Buffet Lunch and Dinner from Monday – Sunday and Holidays. Take-Out and Delivery service is also available. Visit in-store, order online, or call ahead to make your reservation or place your order. Thank you for visiting. We look forward to serving you soon.
Reviewed 12 December 2023

Although I live close enough to walk to the Mandarin Restaurant in Pickering, I have not dined there in many years. I have, however, been to two of their locations in Markham earlier this year. The Pickering location is smaller than the Markham locations, giving it an intimate feel.

As usual, I started with soup and salad. I always enjoy a fresh salad and a good bowl of soup.

Next up was the Prime Rib, medium rare, just the way I like it. I had it with mashed potatoes, onion rings, garlic bread, and a coupled slices of bacon. It was good enough to have seconds! Yummy!

I also explored the other buffet stations and ended up sampling their fried rice, noodles, ribs, calamari and a couple other things. They were all good. I had no room left to explore their breakfast items, grilled foods, or sushi. I was stuffed!

I did, however, manage to squeeze in some dessert, mostly fruits. It was a good finish to a good meal!

I have to say, this Pickering location beats the Markham ones for service, and freshness of foods. Kudos to all the staff!

Date of visit: November 2023
Management response:Responded 14 December 2023

Hello YummmTO, Thanks for the great review! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your meal! Freshly prepared and delicious dishes using quality ingredients is our top priority. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2023

Not happy with food selections. There used to be crab legs, steamed muscles. Big disappointment. Just don’t think selections are what they used to be.

Date of visit: November 2023
Management response:Responded 9 November 2023

Hi Janice -- thank you for your review. Crab legs are no longer on our Buffet. We currently feature over 100 fresh and delicious daily dishes available on Dine-In, Take-Out and Delivery. Thank you for sharing your feedback. Customer feedback helps us build on the Mandarin commitment to quality food and exceptional customer service.

Reviewed 25 October 2023

VERY NICE PLACE ENDLESS BUFFET OPTIONS !my first time there was in 2015 was my first time in Canada too recently visited Canada again two days straight I've never did that in my Chinese food history because I went there on the 23rd and went back on the 24th for my birthday and they gave me the cupcake with the one candle and sing happy birthday for me it's fun and highly recommend and the mussels are great!!

Date of visit: October 2023
Management response:Responded 26 October 2023

Dear Wayne, Happy belated birthday! Thank you so much for celebrating with us and taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are so glad you enjoyed your experience and hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 1 August 2023

I have ordered delivery numerous times the bill always around $145.00 or so.
Never have i received the promised FREE items, pot stickers or whatever, no soy sauce, no other sauce of any kind just fortune cookies and lots of them. I have even special ordered soy sauce and plum sauce and not received any.
Train your assembly staff to pay attention to the order and deliver what is expected. I am ordering again this week and don't want to be disappointed again!

Date of visit: March 2023
Management response:Responded 3 August 2023

Dear donaldmQ8695NJ, Thank you for taking the time to share your Delivery experience with us. We apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience this may have caused. Please contact us at info@mandarinrestaurant.com and provide us with your contact information. We will have a representative connect with you to investigate this experience further. Thank you.

Reviewed 20 June 2023

Haven’t been to a Mandarin since before Covid so we decided to go to the Pickering location for out 31st Anniversary since we were staying at Pickering Casino Resort. Service was awesome. Food selection was good and seemed fine until I awoke at 2:35am with food poisoning. Hubby is sleeping soundly and I am not as I am spending my night in the bathroom. The only item that I had that my husband didn’t was the chicken wings. I write this review at 4.28am, June 20th , my 31st wedding anniversary. We are supposed to head home to Barrie today for celebration plans with our kids but at this point I doubt I can travel so we may have to extend our stay while I rest if I can stay out of the bathroom long enough to rest. 🤦🏻‍♀️, thanks Mandarin Pickering (NOT)

Date of visit: June 2023
Management response:Responded 23 June 2023

Hello Shirley, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your unsatisfactory experience and hope you are feeling better. We invite you to contact us at info@mandarinrestaurant.com with your contact information, so we may discuss your specific personal experience in more detail. Thank you.