Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2019 via mobile

My holiday was a nightmare here....all wd eat here was very old... We go to the hospital because of that, we pay all inclusive and we cannot eat, we just drink still water, the staff is very rude, marieta and valentina is very rude, wr never be back to bulgaria

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 35mihaelap
Reviewed 9 August 2019 via mobile

I don't know to start....first of all the receptionist was very very rude... when i made the reservation , i asked a room at the 2-nd floor with double bed and pool view...we get a room at the 3-rd floor with no pool view and two small beds.their answer was that they don't have rooms any more,although we had reservation....They have wireless and is not free,it cost 3 euro/day ,but it doesn't work......
The most unpleasant part was THE FOOD. Please,DON'T EAT AT THIS HOTEL ...I was with my wife for a vacantion ,and is was a nightmare....a bad dream....we go to emergency because of the food...This hotel has MAXIMUM 2 STARS...rotten food everywhere...when i complain to the manager ,he said just : " i'm sorry " . This is not a hotel...I have the worse impressions about it,about the dirty rooms,smells bad,the staff doesn't know english not at all . The only who know was Marietta ,but she also was insolent and her colleague Valentina also was very rude....Even the pool was dirty...Because of this hotel,we will Never return in Bulgaria.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adrian M
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Hi All,

We went there in August. Reception restaurant it’s okay. Food was disgusting. After a day and several hairs in the food we start eating out (all inclusive).
Room design was just okay. Very poorly cleaned with sign of the mould. When we asked for the room to be swapped (Very strong smell of mould!!!) we was told they don’t have a room, and just been ignored. They said we can find different hotel if we don’t like it. Local people mostly are very rude, and unhelpful. Taxi driver trying to rob you all the tome. They work like a kind of gang!

They only plus was cheap food in town, and drinks. Not the best place to go. Never again!!!!!

Date of stay: August 2018
3  Thank 242rafalc
Reviewed 1 September 2018

I do not know where to start. Not only the hotel, but also the country bulgaria is not recommended. Before I wanted to go, I consulted the website of the Belgian embassy. And of course tripadvisor consulted. After I have visited this hotel, I understand why on Tripadvisor this hotel still has reasonably good opinions, not entirely well-founded and rightly so. I will explain this to you substantiated.So at the start, I had also arranged a shuttle by the internet to transport us from the airport to the hotel and back. This driver was friendly and after my curious questions about sunny beach,what to expect. He said that it was not the ideal place to travel, because of many problems, such as multiple thefts, raids and rude Russian tourists as residents, which many Bulgarians apparently would have problems with. On arrival at the hotel, they looked strange that we were four. Me, my partner and my 2 sons. They said that I had to pay extra. But I assured them that I had already paid this at the time of booking. Luckily I had printed out the reservation and after showing it, they said suddenly, ok it's okay. What struck me then, that they could barely speak the minimum English. The second day I had to puke. I think it was eating. Well about the food, I can write a book about that. It tastes terribly bad. I speak from experience, since I have been cooking passionately for more than 30 years. And almost 90 percent were served the same every day. The fourth day, my youngest son of 7 was sick, nauseous and had to vomit all night. The hotel was filthy and dirty. I am not demanding much or certainly not better than anyone else. I come from a poor family, I have worked hard all my life in all areas. But I have always taken hygiene seriously. The condition of the hotel is below par. The staff is unprofessional and unfriendly. Everything is so amateurish. Back on Bulgaria itself. We were scammed on all fronts, public transport, for the same journeys, each time different prices charged. If you speak to them about it, you hear them swearing loudly and pretending they do not understand you. The tourist information office, told me to adjust for thieves. That everyone here is a potential thief and that there is a lot of corruption here. So I did not feel safe as good mentally. The next day I found a Belgian family emotionally in the lobby at the hotel. It was a family of 3, of which the
old ill mother/woman on the bus was robbed, all her money and identity card and other cards she lost. They had been to the police office and were laughed at and could not file a complaint. The next day they went to the Belgian embassy in Sofia and they acknowledged their testimony and told them that this happens daily. After the umpteenth deception in public transport. I went to the nearest police office and did my story. The cop smiled at me squarely and told me that I should not be annoyed about this. There were so many Russians, Poles and other Russian speaking people around. The atmosphere was certainly not friendly and welcoming. You did not feel welcome and always had to be on your guard. This was robbing energy. The third last day, my eldest son had severe pains around his abdominal area. Had constipation. I then stepped to the lobby and asked behind the nearest house doctor. And they told me to wait in the room and that they were going to call a doctor who would come to our room. 15 minutes later was there a call from the lobby to come down and I had to drive with a man with the ambulance? This I found very strange and felt that something was wrong here. I immediately realized that it had been agreed and told my partner that I did not want to go, but it was for the well-being of our son. When we got there, a nurse said they had to do many tests, blood tests, and so on to cure my son. While I told them that he could not go to the toilet for a few days and was constipated. To which the nurse replied very rudely, that they were going to do those examinations and that we had to go every day for check up. At the same time, in the waiting room, other tourists call out loud that they were not satisfied with the amount they had to pay. I refused my son to investigate further and wanted to do this, but the doctor refused, but after I demanded, if they did not let me go, that I would leave without paying. They had badly made an account of 316 euros. And the verdict of the doctor was constipation.So afterwards I have to go to a pharmacy to help cure my son. When the ambulance brought us back to the hotel, I started talking to the same manager about these malpractice. And she pretended she knew nothing, and I kept telling her that this hotel has an appointment with this hospital. She also admitted this. I recorded this with my mobile phone. Apparently large-scale, massive european health insurance policies are being scammed in this way. And if the reviews read from others. I see especially Russian speaking countries and other countries such as Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia etc. positive reactions. I certainly do not blame them, since they themselves come from poor countries and do not know better. Yet these reviews are not fair and objective enough in relation to Western values ​​and standards that apply in 2018. Even in other poorer countries, still score much better, on hygiene, nutrition, spoken language English and so on. This hotel is a disaster. What bothers me most is that travel agencies and online booking sites are not aware of these malpractices as well as the reality. On our last day we were taken by another driver from the shuttle service to the airport. His first reaction was, What are you doing in BULGARIA? I said what do you mean, to be robbed on all fronts, impunity and corruption where the police are massively involved. I had to swallow and say myself, never again. The hotel seemed to be a reflection of the region. I also took some pictures of the hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank aydinronin
Reviewed 15 September 2016

Visited second time Bulgaria, last time Golden Sands and now Sunny Beach. Izola Paradise is very nice and clean hotel, staff was helpful and friendly. Food very good. Picked up 2 kg ;) There were separate pools for adults and for children, so children didn't disturb us at all;) Room was double-large, so we had plenty of room, cleaning lady visited us every day and did excellent job. From us no bad words at all. Hotel location is 15 min. from beach and on very quiet street ,which was very good for us, we could sleep with open window;) Overall another good vacation, with very nice people around in very good hotel. Big thanks for all hotel personnel and greetings from Estonia!

Date of stay: September 2016