TripAdvisor
All reviewsovernight stopwould stay here againclose to west acres mallfree breakfasthot breakfast
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

We chose this accommodation for both price and proximity to shopping. It delivered on both counts...very close to West Acres Mall and was excellent value for the price. Parking was great and seemed very safe with lots of doors to access rooms. The room was very clean albeit basic...however, that's all we required for our stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
redriverfargo, Front Office Manager at Red River Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Glad to hear that you were pleased with your stay and what we offer. Our convenient location makes it easier to get in and out from interstate and to the retail district and we are happy to hear that in your feedback. Our building is also large with many exit doors located conveniently so getting in and out of the rooms is also very easy.

We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I was skeptical in staying at this place after reading mixed reviews but decided to give it a try anyways. I have stayed here long time ago but seems like name changed and it looked different in the pictures. I was impressed with what a great job they have done in renovating lobby, it almost gives you upscale feel. I don't see automatic front door in many older hotels but this was also surprise here, it was not an automatic door when I stayed last time. Check-in staff was very courteous and friendly and it was smooth. Room was spotless but very basic. I like to see more amenities added and it would make the experience complete. Hot breakfast and other items were also good and satisfying. Reason for all stars because you can't ask for more in the price I paid. I guess that is my advice to others looking to stay here that don't go in with very high expectations or spend almost double than what this hotel charges and go there instead. I rate hotels based on what I pay and I think this is well worth the money, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't book single queen, go to king instead and ask for room on the west side of the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
redlionfargo, Front Office Manager at Red River Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you for taking time in providing your valuable feedback, we appreciate it very much. We are so glad to hear that you were happy with your stay and service we provide. We are also delighted to know that you liked improvements we have made and it enhanced your stay experience. We are still working on making some in-room improvements and it we are definitely adding more amenities so point well taken. You are also correct about the hotel name being different, we have changed it recently. We thank you for staying with us and giving us a chance, we will see you again soon.

Asst. General Manager

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Have been staying in this hotel for 3 weeks now. I am very pleased with this hotel. The hotel is safe and very clean. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Loved the free, rich continental breakfast and the friendly greeting anywhere you walk in this hotel. Parking, cable, and high-speed wifi are also provided for free! I find that the rates of this hotel to be almost always among the cheapest 3 or 4 hotels, despite all the above. I loved my queen-sized bed in my room which also contained a microwave oven, fridge, and reasonable furniture. Hotel owner oversees every aspect of the hotel actively. I would definitely come back to this hotel every time i am looking for temporary accommodation in Fargo.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
redlionfargo, Front Office Manager at Red River Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Thank you for taking time in providing your valuable feedback. We are so glad to know that you are happy with what we provide. We try our best to deliver value for the money spent and often times we are 20%-30% lower than what you would spend at comparable hotels in Fargo. We really appreciate you taking time in sharing your comments in each area you are pleased with. We also appreciate your business and continued patronage. Thank you.

Assistant Manager

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel on the outside is nice and the inside is very nice. The rooms were good but very hot. The pillows were very uncomfortable and too small. We had no hot water either day we stayed. Breakfast was good with plenty of options.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
redlionfargo, Front Office Manager at Red River Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thank you Jo-Anne for taking a time in providing your valuable feedback.

We are glad to hear that you were pleased with our hotel and happy with your stay. We keep rooms warm in cold weather so they are not uncomfortable when you check-in. It appears that may be heat setting was set too high and we will make sure proper attention is paid when setting rooms on a heat.

We did have one complaint about the water earlier in the week and after investigation we did not find anything. We did not have any other complaint so not sure what caused this issue but we are keeping a close watch on this. We did replace vanities recently and it is possible that room you were in had hot water valve turned off which could very well cause this issue. We do apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Asst. Manager

Reviewed 25 October 2017

I booked a room here for my parents. They reported back to me, "the room was fine, nothing special. Unable to get truly hot water in the bathroom; at best, the water was lukewarm."

So maybe an upgrade to the water heating system would help this property's reputation.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time in providing your valuable feedback. We are sorry to hear about the hot water issue your parents encountered.

We have never had issues with water temperature and this is tested by the city during annual inspection plus all water heaters also have state permit where they are checked once a year by the inspector. This is not to say that your parents did not have the issue but this some times is due to confusing operation of Delta shower valves we have that is not fully turned towards "hot" setting and often will end up with this situation. Our staff is always there to help if they were informed about it and this could have been avoided. We have checked the water temperature after this and water heating system is fully functional.

We are glad to hear they were pleased with everything else. We are disappointed to see that you left only 2 star review for something we did not control considering everything else was as expected.

We thank you for selecting our hotel for your parents and hope to see you again.

Asst. Manager