“Great Local Museum”

Dickinson Museum Center
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Dickinson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Featuring a 12-acre cultural and natural history campus with dinosaur exhibits, heritage exhibits, Pioneer Machinery Museum - ranching and farming equipment, Prairie Outpost Park with 11 historic buildings, classes, demonstrations, educational programs, and special events! Park Tours are available between Memorial Day and Labor Day only.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 9 July 2018

My kids (ages 9,6) had a great time at the museum. They had 2 sections, one with dinosaurs/minerals/fossils, and a local history/pioneer section. The museum is not huge, but we did spend over 2 hours there. The kids really enjoyed the dinosaur bones, but their favorite thing was the augmented reality sandbox! It changed land elevation as the kids moved the sand. Very cool. My kids would have played in it for hours if I let them. They also had another area for kids with puzzles, dinosaurs, and other hands on activities. We really enjoyed ourselves at the museum. Lots of neat things to see.

All reviews
"minerals"
in 7 reviews
"size"

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Nice staff and clean establishment. Did not take us long to walk through- small amount of exhibits..

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

This museum is one that is designed for people to walk around and look and touch and enjoy! The staff was friendly and willing to answer questions. The fossils were from all over the world and arranged in a logical fashion. Children would love the dinosaur exhibits and we older adults enjoyed playing in the sand! We are from the east coast but did enjoy the room with local history. This area helps us to better understand what we see today,

1  Thank Gayle F
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I had my 7 and 10 year old kiddos with me while in Dickinson for a couple days. This museum is small but we did everything in the museum complex area and it took a couple hours. My kids really enjoyed the models in the center of the museum and the sand topography interactive display at the back where you can also view the preparation of fossils. The enjoyed the outdoor walking tour of the historic buildings as well.

1  Thank Amanda T