“Good mix of interests”

Dickinson Museum Center
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Dickinson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Featuring a 12-acre cultural and natural history campus with dinosaur exhibits, heritage exhibits, Pioneer Machinery Museum - ranching and farming equipment, Prairie Outpost Park with 11 historic buildings, classes, demonstrations, educational programs, and special events! Park Tours are available between Memorial Day and Labor Day only.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I had my 7 and 10 year old kiddos with me while in Dickinson for a couple days. This museum is small but we did everything in the museum complex area and it took a couple hours. My kids really enjoyed the models in the center of the museum and the sand topography interactive display at the back where you can also view the preparation of fossils. The enjoyed the outdoor walking tour of the historic buildings as well.

1  Thank Amanda T
"minerals"
in 7 reviews
"size"

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Our toddler is a huge dinosaur fan right now so we figured what better place than the Dakotas where some have been found. Our older girls also enjoyed the visit. It was $20 to get in and I think we spent about 45 minutes walking through the exhibits. Our older daughter loved the fluorescent geodes in the dark room with the black light.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

The artifacts on display were of good quality and very interesting. Yes, the museum is small, but so is the town of Dickinson. The docents are outstanding and I learned a great deal.

1  Thank Linda T
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

It was more fun for me because I got to touch actual dinosaur bones. Lots of minerals too and I love rocks. What can I say. Its small but well worth a stop.

1  Thank roseonline
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

We had a nice time at this museum. It's not very big, but it has a multitude of well displayed exhibits. The dinosaur exhibits were by far the favorites of our kids. I think that the entry fees were reasonable for the size of the museum ( $6 per adult and $4 per child over the age of 2). There were touch exhibits, which is great for the kids, and there's a children's corner with some games (appropriate to the museum) that our kids enjoyed. The staff were helpful and more than willing to answer any questions we might've had. One of the staff members, the lady in the historical section of the museum ( I didn't catch her name) was really awesome answering questions our kids had regarding the history of some of the vintage toys they had for them to try out. The museum store is pretty small, but had some cool stuff in it and remarkably it wasn't overpriced like at most museums. Overall, I would highly recommend checking out this museum if you're in town, especially if you're looking for a kid-friendly thing to do. I'm sure we will be back at some point!

3  Thank MinotGirl