Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Good museum for a small town

It's funny to read reviews that say "Boring" under a museum, as so many people today expect to be... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
monkebusiness
Dickinson, North Dakota
Small, but the tour was great.

We have visited this museum a few times, the museum itself could be considered not particularly... read more

Reviewed 15 October 2018
wholedamnfam
Dickinson, North Dakota
via mobile

All reviews dinosaur bones small town staff was friendly augmented reality local history exhibits sand kids section minerals pioneer stuff door curator
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Our toddler is a huge dinosaur fan right now so we figured what better place than the Dakotas where some have been found. Our older girls also enjoyed the visit. It was $20 to get in and I think we spent about 45 minutes walking through the exhibits. Our older daughter loved the fluorescent geodes in the dark room with the black light.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 15 July 2017

The artifacts on display were of good quality and very interesting. Yes, the museum is small, but so is the town of Dickinson. The docents are outstanding and I learned a great deal.

1  Thank Linda T
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

It was more fun for me because I got to touch actual dinosaur bones. Lots of minerals too and I love rocks. What can I say. Its small but well worth a stop.

1  Thank roseonline
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

We had a nice time at this museum. It's not very big, but it has a multitude of well displayed exhibits. The dinosaur exhibits were by far the favorites of our kids. I think that the entry fees were reasonable for the size of the museum ( $6 per adult and $4 per child over the age of 2). There were touch exhibits, which is great for the kids, and there's a children's corner with some games (appropriate to the museum) that our kids enjoyed. The staff were helpful and more than willing to answer any questions we might've had. One of the staff members, the lady in the historical section of the museum ( I didn't catch her name) was really awesome answering questions our kids had regarding the history of some of the vintage toys they had for them to try out. The museum store is pretty small, but had some cool stuff in it and remarkably it wasn't overpriced like at most museums. Overall, I would highly recommend checking out this museum if you're in town, especially if you're looking for a kid-friendly thing to do. I'm sure we will be back at some point!

3  Thank MinotGirl
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

We were looking for something to do before we left town, and this was a good choice, although it was a bit small. They don't officially offer a veterans discount but when we inquired they created one for us. That was very nice.

It's just a couple rooms in the museum, and we skipped most of the stones and minerals, but the kids loved the microscope hooked to a computer and the sand table showing the layers of earth.

We chose to skip the guided tour of the outside exhibits and Judy walked them ourselves. We spent about an hour total and that was perfect for the kids. If you're in Dickinson it's a fun activity, but not really a reason to go to Dickinson.