Embassy Suites by Hilton Winston - Salem
Graylyn Estate(Winston Salem)
  • Restaurant
Brookstown Inn(Winston Salem)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsevening receptionconvention centeromelettwo room suiteparking deckhot tubvalet parkingliving areadowntown areabusiness tripcomplimentary breakfastbreakfast was excellentindoor poolking bedbeds were comfortablefriesyogurt
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We only had one night to enjoy this hotel, and wish we had longer to spend there. I was traveling with some of my children, so I booked a two bedroom suite. It more than met my expectations: it was very spacious and clean, the beds were comfortable, the living room/kitchen area had plenty of furniture, and the staff at the check in desk were very helpful and courteous. The breakfast was delicious, and the staff in the breakfast area were superb.....accommodating to my daughter's special request, quick to serve and help and provide all we desired. Our suite overlooked the busy downtown street (versus the atrium), and with that came some downtown noise mostly in the form of sirens a few times. But I knew there would be noise upon booking a hotel in a busy downtown district and it didn't bother us. Parking in the attached deck was easy, with a walkway into the hotel, and at $10/night was cheaper than I anticipated for downtown. I would definitely stay in this Embassy Suites again and recommend it for others.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel needs some serious updating. The rooms, lobby, meeting rooms are looking seriously worn. The A/C in the atrium and meeting rooms was having some difficulty while I was there. It also needs to have the cleanliness of the property checked as there were some issues with that.

However, that being said, I encountered some of the most wonderful people that worked there. Every person that I met there was extraordinary-friendly, helpful, beyond what I usually encounter in hotels. For that reason alone I would return.

I would like to give a shout out to Stephon at the front desk, answering all my questions, Tony at the bar-perfect personality and an all around wonderfully giving man, James with (I believe) guest service-helpful, task oriented, friendly, Betty in the dining room, and Veronica on the omelet station. She is a genius back there!!

The location of the property is great, as there are many places to eat and drink within a 5-10 minute walk. I took Uber and Lyft to/fro the airport and that worked out extremely well for me. I walked every place else I went.

Thanks, staff, at the Embassy Suites. You made the trip memorable in a wonderful way!

Room Tip: My room was on a busy street side and on the 3rd floor. There was a lot of outside noise.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
yvettewesley, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Winston - Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

I am very sorry our current appearance was not what you had anticipated. We strive to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. Unfortunately, this sometimes requires essential renovations in our guest areas.

With that being said, we will be undergoing a major renovation this year to update our product. This is sure to provide a highly functional space and stylish décor that meet the modern needs of our valued guests, like you.

Although we fell short of meeting your expectations with accommodations we are please that our staff made your stay a pleasure. I hope you will consider Embassy Suites on your next visit to Winston Salem.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great location and super friendly staff. Our group dinner was excellent. Pool small but very clean. Plenty of downtown activities for all ages of our family. I had excellent service when making all of the arrangements and some last minute changes.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Will not return to this hotel, musty smell, and very poor service. As Diamond Hilton Member I receive premium internet free and because leaving early in the morning and would not have time to stop at the front desk I asked the front desk to make sure I was not charged for internet. get home the charge as gone through to my credit card and I need to get my expense report in today.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great staff and location. Hotel is aged and in need of significant upgrades in plumbing and general fit and finish. The bathrooms, carpet, drywall, and paint all needed upkeep. This hotel is relying on its location and the reputation of the Hilton brand. The only saving grace was the attitude and helpfulness of the staff.

This hotel should be completely renovated.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

Although we fell short of meeting your expectations during your past stay, I hope you will consider Embassy Suites on your next visit to Winston Salem so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve.