All reviews cooking pots fort fisher cleaning staff full kitchen bed was comfortable market street walmart foyer microwave convenience
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Upon check-in...no dishes (coffee pot, pots, pans, plates, cups nor glasses....we got silverware on night #2) were availabe for my entire 3 night stay. The Internet and TV service sucked and kept going in and out! No coffee pot was availabe for our room the entire stay. We were told that Housekeeping services would be available to us all weekend. As we were packing up to check out of our room, I saw a roach crawling on the bathroom counter beside our toothbrushes and I have the video to prove it!!! I wouldn't recommend for my worst enemy to stay at this hotel!!!!

Date of stay: May 2018
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilmington - New Centre Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Pamela, we are disheartened to read your review. Please accept our sincere apology for the problems you encountered. You deserved a comfortable and stress-free stay, and we did not live up to your expectations. We will personally address these issues with the appropriate teams to ensure happy guests is our number one priority. We truly regret the inconvenience caused and please consider us again so that we can restore your faith in our hotel and provide you with the hospitality you should always expect from us.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

My in-laws booked a room here two weeks in advance for graduation weekend, and upon arrival were told that their room was not available. The hotel overbooked and gave away their confirmed room and then gave them the runaround trying to help them find another place to stay. Poor customer service. I do not recommend staying here.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilmington - New Centre Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Please accept our apologies for the reservation issue you and your family encountered and regret the inconvenience this caused. This is certainly not acceptable, and we would look into your feedback to find out what went wrong during her stay. Please consider giving us another chance so that we can demonstrate our excellent service during the next visit.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

We were checked in for three nights, the two of us and our two dogs. The person checking us in only charged us for two nights, and forgot the pet charge. So, in response, when I came back to the room on the second day, my key was locked out, and they wouldn't let me into the room without paying them the rest right then and there. Since my wife had made the arrangements, had checked us in, and the room was on her debit card, I needed to check with her before I did anything. So... of course, as a sign of apology for their mistake - they called the police to evict us.

I would also note that the "breakfast" was the poorest excuse for such a thing as I've ever seen - a small side table with coffee, mass market muffins in plastic, and granola bars. There was hot water for tea, but that was pretty much it.

The hallways had an odd smell. The room was spacious, but the bathroom was tiny. If not for the service, the place was serviceable for a weekend, but not a place I'd want to spend any extended time at.

Room tip: go elsewhere
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilmington - New Centre Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dennis, thank you for the review of our hotel. We sincerely apologize that you experienced so many difficulties during your stay with us. This is not the level of service we generally provide, and it certainly does not meet our standards. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate team members, so we can take action to prevent these sort of issues from happening again. We hope to have another chance to show you our true hospitality the next time you return to this area.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

The outside of the hotel is nice but once you enter the inside the smell is bad. It's suppose to be non- smoking but we smelled smoke the whole time we were there. The bathroom was very clean. The room looked like it had been cleaned but the rug had spots and the chairs had hairs on it. The TV had terrible reception.It was quite loud in the evening but quiet during the night. The grab and go breakfast was disappointing.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilmington - New Centre Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Maria, we sincerely apologize for the service and cleanliness issues you encountered during your visit. We have room inspection processes in place, and we are working with our Head of Housekeeping to see where we dropped the ball. It's our goal to provide an excellent customer experience and we hope you will give us another opportunity to prove this to you on your next visit.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

It's a "get what you pay for" hotel in my opinion but we had a family, kids, and pets. No issues with the room, decor is up to date, slight food/odor in the non-pet but not a deal breaker. Other guests were fine, some noise. Great prices, offered military, AAA, and AARP discount. Would recommend for families on a budget or looking for 1 or 2 night stay. Staff was polite and professional! Would stay again!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilmington - New Centre Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Kristina, thank you for recommending Extended Stay America to others. It was a pleasure knowing you had a comfortable stay with us and that we were we were able to meet your expectations at a great price. Thanks once more for your positive comments, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon to your home away from home.