The Poacher & Partridge Bar
Open today: 11:30 am - 11:00 pm
Review Highlights
Great food, lovely atmosphere, very cosy

Always a reliable favourite, and have visited many times. The menu is traditional with a twist... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
U8044HYcarolinem
First Meal out post Lockdown

Reviewed 12 June 2021
MarkVin1965
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews burger partridge lovely food menu chips starters
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 August 2021 via mobile

This wasn’t our choice but friends wanted to go so we went along , it wasn’t busy at all food came out after a short wait I had the burger only because I thought you can’t mess a burger up but I was wrong the chips were cold as were most on our table the burger I couldn’t eat as it was raw in the middle I did mention this to the guy clearing our plates for him just agree it didn’t look cooked no apology nothing ,won’t be dining here ever again sort of waiting to have a bad belly in the morning

Date of experience: August 2021
Reviewed 12 June 2021 via mobile

This was our first family meal out post Lockdown and we choose the Poacher and Partridge as we were familiar with a number of the Elite Pub Group venues and the menu so we knew the food would be good. I am disabled and in a wheelchair and unfortunately we missed the sign in the CarPark for disabled Parking so had to park in the overflow Carpark which was quite difficult once I was out of the car as the surface was fairly rough we did however find out from a member of staff during the meal where the disabled parking spaces are which will help for next time. The menu included both a selection of Sunday Roasts and the regular daily offerings which proved very helpful as two of our party were Vegan, they especially enjoyed the Vegan Sticky Toffee Pudding, the Children’s portions proved somewhat large for our 4 and 2 year old grandchildren but overall the food was very acceptable as was the service which was attentive without being overbearing the outside children’s play area also proved a hit so I would definitely recommend this venue to families with children in their party and can say that we will definitely be returning.

Date of experience: June 2021
Reviewed 4 June 2021 via mobile

Poacher
We visited the Poacher & Partridge on Saturday evening and as someone who has been visiting this pub regularly for many years I was extremely disappointed. I appreciate that staff are under a lot of pressure, especially given the current circumstances and I also appreciate that as a group of 10 wait times may have been slightly slower. However I personally think a 45 minute wait on every round of drinks is unacceptable. We were also told that they were out of a certain option on the menu, which we then saw several people eating about 2 hours after our meal. My 1 year olds dessert never arrived, despite chasing several times for it. The management in the establishment are rude and unhelpful. One waiter told us he couldn’t help us and that we’d need to find our original server ourselves despite not having seen her in over an hour. The nappy changing facilities were frankly disgusting with over flowing bins.

As this was a birthday celebration we feel even more let down by what is usually a favourite place for our party to go.

Date of experience: May 2021
Reviewed 5 November 2020 via mobile

We booked a table, but when we arrived we were shown to a table outside under cover. We should have been made aware when we booked. Luckily we were able to get a table indoors. This seemed a common request, but others were less lucky.
When we sat indoors there was no heating. It’s November and 4 degrees outside. We eat diner in our coats, as did everyone in the restaurant.
Never again, I gave 2 stars as the food was okay, but not as good as the other restaurants in the chain

Date of experience: November 2020
Reviewed 16 September 2020 via mobile

First pub visit since lockdown and Pub was set up very well especially with the large covers seating area outside. Place was busy but was made to feel safe & good table service

Date of experience: September 2020