All reviews eltham gateway stayed here good size guest laundry plenty of car parking renovated room spa suite reception staff were very friendly comfortable accommodation visiting the area very pleasant stay power points quiet location would stay here again st andrews wedding microwave
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

Eltham Gateway Hotel Melbourne, Jan 18
Stayed three nights and overall it was good. The room is nice, quiet and clean with a good firm mattress. It is well appointed; the bathroom is a little dated and while not huge it is adequate with a shower over the bath.
Breakfast was good, and provided good value for money at $15.
The location is good but you need a car as there is little in the way of regular public transport, and the Eltham train station is about 3 km away.
On the negative side is the internet which was slow, and the TV channels which didn’t work properly due to erratic reception.
Smoking is also allowed just outside the rooms along the open walkways, which means smoke drifts into the room and one has to walk very close past smokers which is disgusting for none smokers. This is a shame as it detracts from an otherwise good experience leading to an overall 3 stars rating. Would consider staying here again, hopefully in a smoke free environment, thank you.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2018

The reception greeting was friendly, helpful and informative. The rooms spacious, cool and comfy. The block out curtains allowed for a good sleep in on a very hot weekend. Overall our stay over several rooms was a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: We had a total of seven rooms and all were good.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Leilaeltham, Front Office Manager at Eltham Gateway Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear Ms Barb C
Thanks for your kinds words and the time you took to share them with us. It is great to hear, that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Rest ensured, that we will take your comments for further encouragement within the team to ensure personal service and warm welcome for your next visit.
All the best and see you soon!
Warm regards,
Leila Mahayri

Reviewed 23 November 2017

Stayed for three nights in a newly renovated room. Beds where rock hard, hole in the wall for electrical cables not very safe. When our room wasn't made up on the Sunday, asked reception to be told they weren't serviced on a Sunday. Really??? Should be told this on booking NOT while staying. Location was perfect though

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Judith B ,
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking time to advise your recent stay at Eltham Gateway Hotel, It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed,where necessary , improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.
I was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us. Whist an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion , I do extend it with all sincerity.I certainly empathise regarding the points you mention in your review specially the poor service that you received for not servicing your room on Sunday.
This level of service is not acceptable and it has been addressed with the concerned party.
After you informed our reception staff about room service on Sunday , we have started to do daily service including Sunday.We have ordered a very thick mattress topper and we getting lots of positive review about beds.
As the hotel still under the renovation , we didn't know there is a hole on the wall behind the bedside table , we are lucky that you mentioned and that has bee covered too.
Again, Please accept my apology,and I hope that this hasn't put you off a return stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the hotel for a couple of nights. We were very disappointed. Room wasn’t clean properly, found rubbish under the bed. Housekeeping wasn’t the best, no one clean up the room even we put the sign on door saying PLEASE CLEAN ROOM! Lucky we took couple of towels for kids, because we had the same wet towels for 2 days and no one change to fresh ones. For the price really! And we were in Executive Suite. Now breakfast not great too. Could do better, great location but no customer service.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 277benj

Dear Ben J ,
I was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us. Whist an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion , I do extend it with all sincerity.I certainly empathise regarding the points you mention in your review specially the poor service that you received for not servicing your room properly
This level of service is not acceptable and it has been addressed with the concerned party already. Please be informed new crew of housekeeping have started at Eltham Gateway Hotel after you informed our reception staff about room service .Also we have started to do daily service including Sunday and public holidays.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Recently spent several nights at the hotel. The meals are 1st class as is the service staff who were extremely helpful. The setting is lovely with many walking tracks easily accessible to the hotel.

The down side was the newly renovated room. The bedding was terrible, rock hard mattress with absolutely no support, bring a surfboard to sleep on it will be more comfortable. The wiring in the room beside the bed is questionable, cable running from a hole in the wall, no power points just power boards everywhere.

As for the works being undertaken look out for nails it cost me a tyre.

Stayed: October 2017

Dear Warragul3820,
I'm so pleased to hear that you found a lot of positive points about our hotel and I'll make sure to share your review with our team.
I was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us. Whist an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion , I do extend it with all sincerity.I certainly empathise regarding the points you mention in your review specially the beds and hole on the wall.
Please be informed that We have ordered a very thick mattress topper and we getting lots of positive review about beds.