All reviews eltham gateway stayed here good size guest laundry plenty of car parking renovated room spa suite reception staff were very friendly comfortable accommodation visiting the area very pleasant stay power points quiet location would stay here again st andrews wedding microwave
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Recently spent several nights at the hotel. The meals are 1st class as is the service staff who were extremely helpful. The setting is lovely with many walking tracks easily accessible to the hotel.

The down side was the newly renovated room. The bedding was terrible, rock hard mattress with absolutely no support, bring a surfboard to sleep on it will be more comfortable. The wiring in the room beside the bed is questionable, cable running from a hole in the wall, no power points just power boards everywhere.

As for the works being undertaken look out for nails it cost me a tyre.

Stayed: October 2017
Leilaeltham, Front Office Manager at Eltham Gateway Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear Warragul3820,
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking time to advise your recent stay at Eltham Gateway Hotel, It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed,where necessary , improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.
I'm so pleased to hear that you found a lot of positive points about our hotel and I'll make sure to share your review with our team.
I was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us. Whist an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion , I do extend it with all sincerity.I certainly empathise regarding the points you mention in your review specially the beds and hole on the wall.
This level of service is not acceptable and it has been addressed with the concerned party.
Please be informed that We have ordered a very thick mattress topper and we getting lots of positive review about beds.
As the hotel still under the renovation , we didn't know there is a hole on the wall behind the bedside table , we are lucky that you mentioned and that has bee covered too.
Again, Please accept my apology,and I hope that this hasn't put you off a return stay with us again.

Kind regards,
Leila Mahyari

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Eltham Gateway Hotel is currently under renovation and place is a mess it's looks like China. They is building products every where and the builder turned up at 7pm and started drilling, it lasted about one hour but not convenient after a long days work. I hope the place will be very good after the renovation are completed because I do enjoy staying here in the pass.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Ashley L

Dear Ashley,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your stay at Eltham Gateway Hotel.
As you mentioned , We are trying to upgrade our hotel to make it a pleasant place for our valuable guest to stay.
I'm so disappointed that the builder didn't stop by 5.00 pm as it's our policy to not making any noise after 5.00 pm . I wish you could let our front desk staff knows about this issue and they would of make him stop straight away.As I can not undo your stay, I'm hoping to take a second chance of you and we will make sure that you enjoy your stay.

Kind regards,
Leila Mahyari

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel is a work in progress. The rooms appear to have been renovated and were nicely fitted out. The rear gardens are being rebuilt and the buildings are being repainted.

We had an upstairs room (2 stories) which required using stairs. We booked an "executive suite" which I thought would have a king bed, but it had 2 doubles instead. It was comfortable enough. The bathroom was well designed with eye level storage. Shower could have done with a shelf though. Once, just once, I wish hotel designers would position toilet roll holders in a location that doesn't require you to rotate 170 degrees!

Block out curtain controls were electronically controlled. They automatically opened and closed twice at 9.30am when checkout was at 10am. Not sure if that was deliberate, but we appreciated because we were still asleep!

The room came with one complimentary breakfast for one person, which was odd when the booking was for two people. We purchased an additional breakfast for $20. Breakfast is served in the conservatory next door. While technically a buffet, they only served a very basic selection. When we got there they made a fresh batch of scrambled eggs and bacon, which we appreciated but the remaining selections of hash browns, tomatoes and shrivelled up little mushrooms was disappointing. They have a nice coffee pod machine, but the cups were tiny. A very small amount of bread was available to toast in a domestic toaster (not sure how long it will take before it breaks down) and there was a selection of cereal. It was ok given we really only paid $10 each, but I wouldn't recommend it.

The gardens and surroundings are pretty. You can order a small selection of room service. The mini bar is well stocked, which is good because the hotel is not that well located. You need wheels to go anywhere else to eat.

All up, it was a pleasant stay and we'd be happy to book again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Violetta P, Front Office Manager at Eltham Gateway Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time for your elaborate review of our hotel. All your points were appreciated. I must address the issue of the electric curtains: we do not control these in any way. A remote control is individually programmed to each room and only operates the curtains in the same room. I really can't explain why your curtains opened and closed but we will look into the issue, as I can appreciate how annoying this would be. Please note that we do not have the ability to operate these remotely.
Our Executive Suites have either a king bed or 2 x double beds. Should you return to stay with us, please note your bedding preference so that we can accommodate your request.
I am pleased that you did enjoy your stay and would be happy to return.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

a very convenient motel the staff were very friendly and the room was spotlessly clean. The only thing we would like is a comfortable chair to sit and watch tv. The convention centre was lovely for the diamond wedding celebrations we attended.

Stayed: August 2017
Violetta P, Front Office Manager at Eltham Gateway Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope you return when you are next in town.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

I booked a ground floor room - got a newly renovated one - Room 23
only staying 1 night so, thought great new look and comfortable and warm with heating (not like upstairs old rooms - cold) Little details should've been looked at: I had 2 face washers and 1 hand towel - no bath mat, and no towels .... I checked in late didn't check before reception closed at 8.30pm and they didn't open before I left in the morning... notified them on quick checkout ... But on the plus side would now always ask for new reno room ...plus towels...haha

Room Tip: Rooms 20 - 30 would be quieter as up the back away from the road.... in suburbier and only 45 min to the city
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Violetta P, Front Office Manager at Eltham Gateway Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I did receive your note regarding the lack of towels in your room. This was an oversight which housekeeping have been informed of, so I do apologise. We are so pleased that you were impressed with our newly renovated rooms, they have come up a treat! We look forward to you returning to the Eltham Gateway the next time you're in town.