“Great dive centre and site”

Wolf Rock Dive Centre
Ranked #2 of 13 Tours in Rainbow Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive with critically endangered grey nurse sharks all year round. Other species commonly seen at this spectacular underwater formation are eagle rays, turtles, bull rays, giant Queensland groper, leopard sharks, manta rays, wobbiegong sharks and much, much more. In winter we are joined by the humpback whales for their annual migration. This is a must do dive while visiting South East Queensland.
Reviewed 31 May 2018

The operators were friendly professional, and went the extra mile to show us the beauty of wolf rock. Heaps pelagic fish to see and encounter with a beautiful manta ray.
A truly special site

"great company"
"great diving"
"biscuits"

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

I had an awesome dive experience with Wolf Rock Dive Center. They’re a small shop with a great attitude. I didn’t have a car so someone from the dive center picked me up and dropped me off at my hostel. From pick up to drop off the staff was awesome. We geared up and had our briefing at the shop and then we’re on our way.

The dive is incredible!!! Visibility was a bit low, so when I saw sharks in the distance I was a little disappointed at first, but within another minute or two they were up close and personal! At one point I turned my head and saw one swimming next to me less than a meter away! Needless to say I was no longer disappointed! My group dove with Emily and she was great, we were able to spread out a little and explore different areas of the rock and she was still able to check on us and monitor our air.

The boat is small and we went out full, so it felt a little crowded but otherwise alright. The ride out was pretty choppy, I recommend taking a sea-sickness tablet before leaving. I never get seasick and felt a bit queasy once we reached the dive site, but everything was fine once I hit the water. Be prepared for some surge around the rock, it took me a few minutes under water to get comfortable with the back and forth and I went through air a little faster than most of my other dives.

When we got back to the shop we took care of our equipment and then were treated to a beer while we filled out our dive logs. It was a nice way to end the day. I got some recommendations for other dive sites in Australia that I will definitely be checking out in the future! And I would LOVE to dive this site with them again!

1  Thank Danielle M
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Had an amazing experience at wolf rock. All the staff were amazingly friendly - relaxed but still professional. James was a great guide above and below the water. And the diving itself was amazing - sharks, eagle rays, eels, wobbegongs, fish of all shapes sizes and colours and some amazing coral as well. Didn’t want to get out of the water. Couldn’t recommend the whole experience more!

Reviewed 24 April 2018

This is a fantastic dive site - especially for BIG things. We saw about 40 large Grey Nurse sharks cruising close by (so close you could see the algae growing on their teeth!), 3 manta rays, 2 eagle rays, a sea snake, a Queensland groper, leopard shark, various eels, clown triggerfish, spanish mackerel, tusk fish etc etc. There was even a dolphin that lives near the boat ramp!
The staff are friendly and relaxed but safety conscious - it can be an advanced dive - we had rough seas and strong currents, also easy to go into deco so keep an eye on your computer - hard when there are so many great things to see! Bring a jacket for the 45 minute boat ride.
Highly recommended!

1  Thank rebeccadiver
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 March 2018

This was a really great experience with the Wolf Rock Dive Centre. We arrived at 8am and got fitted out for our dive and had a coffee and went through the dive plan. The equipment is high quality and the boat trip out was lovely. The dive has to be experienced but we saw at least two different types of shark (20-30) in total and one turtle:). I was stupid enough to lose my fin but the captain did a Dirk Pitt and tried to retrieve for me but had no luck. In summary, lovely trip, great experience all round not least the complimentary cold beverages at the finish. Highly recommended and I hope to do again.

1  Thank charlie m