“Memorable visit”

Ranked #2 of 92 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: US$26 - US$41
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Courthouse is an elegant white cloth dining venue with stunning views of Moreton Bay. Our heritage listed property is set on manicured waterfront gardens and boasts areas for intimate dining, private functions & lavish gatherings. With fairy-lit outdoor spaces for the warmer months and three crackling open fires for the colder months, it is a venue for all seasons and all occasions. The Courthouse Restaurant is a multi awarded venue for both cuisine and service and is a property packaged so perfectly, it truly is a complete dining experience.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

During our holidays, we visited courthouse and we felt delighted from the moment we entered because of welcoming and friendly staff. Spectacular views, and delicious meals. Everything was great. I would love to come back with my friends.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We did our Mothers Day dinner on the Saturday night to avoid the obvious crowds on the Sunday , having been to the Courthouse several times over the last 30 years we decided to go there again . Now as an average Saturday night crowd was there time delays are part of the equation , Entrees came at a reasonable time I had the Hervey Bay scallops which were excellent my wife had a fixed menu with Camembert cheese deep fried with cranberry , there was only a tiny amount of the sauce which was a let down .Main meals was a bit of a let down as my wifes barramundi was served with vegetables that were cold . My Steak and seafood was a bit hit miss , the prawns were good but the steak was a bit tough for a supposed top cut of meat , the Moreton Bay bug was rather flavorless and like my wifes the green vegetables were cold as well . Desert was a brandy snap basket with seasonable berries on top , hmm seasonable berries defrosted was more like reality, the caramel creme broulee was a bit bland with only tiny amounts of fruit on top . Overall we felt it had lost its fine dining reputation that we fondly remember from past visits, staff were friendly and courteous .

Reviewed 14 May 2018

It’s not often I place pen to paper to provide feedback regarding a place I’ve visited but on this occasion, I feel it truly worthy for the Courthouse Restaurant and the team.

I have traveled both nationally and internationally and dined at many, many restaurants on countless occasions and consider the Courthouse in my top 5 places to eat and these are the reasons why -

I would like to share another, yes, another great and memorable visit with you which was on Mother’s Day. My or shall I say our experience went thus, both my wife and I arrived on a beautiful sunny and warm day at the venue and walked into the colorful gardens to be greeted warmly and graciously by staff providing champagne, beer etc this was accompanied by delicious and well-presented canapés. We congregated in the lovely gardens with others admiring the fantastic view across the bay. I recalled how well-mannered the staff were who greeted us as we had walked in and at that moment I looked over at the table where the waiters were serving drinks. As I looked I noted that the staff were well turned out in their appearance and very well presented in their manner addressing both myself and my wife as sir and madam as we had arrived, that was nice. I then observed with great delight one waiter examining the glasses against the sky to check for watermarks which to me is a sign of a person taking pride in their work and of course respect for their customers.

After a short time, we walked to the veranda and again greeted by a charming and very polite young lady who directed us to our seat and yes, she smiled at us. Soon after we sat we were being served by a very attentive waiter who knew exactly to the letter my wife’s directory requirements again this meant to me that this person knew their customer, their job and the restaurant, very professional I was impressed. This was soon followed by another attentive happy member of staff placing a dinner napkin on my wife’s lap, this I have not seen in a long time in a good quality restaurant, this was without provocation a person who knows their job and has been taught well.

The food come in on warm plates, yes warm plates this again is a big tick in the box and demonstrates the level of standards and quality the Courthouse and the team has set itself. Then the food, well if having a great experience of services wasn’t good enough the food was again awesome, well set out, beautiful to taste and enough for any person’s appetite – simply delicious is an understatement.

I observed ALL the staff around me were attentive and professional, continually addressing their customers as sir or madam which provided a very polished experience to all. I recall hearing other customers beside me say how magnificent the venue was and how splendid the staff were doing. As the afternoon wore on we were continually politely asked by the drinks waiter if we had sufficient drinks and was the food to our liking or was there anything further they could get. This was topped off by the lovely greeting to our table by the hostess which for us was the icing on the cake, how good is it to feel like you’re so warmly welcomed.

We continually recommend the Courthouse to our friends, family and larger community and with that, we have made the Courthouse our restaurant of choice for events including Christmas and New Year because we not only feel welcome but we enjoy the dining experience, atmosphere of the venue.

If there is one thing I would ask it is to keep doing what you’re doing team, because you set the standard that only others can strive for in this part of the world.

Well done and thank you all at the Courthouse for making special times even more special.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

Visited today with Mrs, Son and grand daughter for my birthday. Restaurant about half full. The surroundings were excellent but I must say given all the rave reviews on tripadvisor and elsewhere I was disappointed n the extreme. Orders taken and soup delivered to table, no follow up with pepper etc. the Soup whilst excellent in taste was served in a large flat bowl which belied how little Soup one actually received. I'd estimate less than one cup. A bit poor given cost. Others had barramundi whilst I had Vego stuffed capsicum. Had to ask for the pepper again. . Barramundi was excellent by all reports as was the flavours in the stuffed capsicum. The meals were let down by the accompanying vegetables. Rock solid stalks of brocollini without any florets, a couple of overlooked green beans and the ubiquitous sautéed zucchini. Sorry but not good enough . You could not. It's through the stalks. The grand daughter was provided with chicken nuggets and chips, she's 4 and a half. Both were obviously just chucked in the frier from store bought frozen. They looked like Maccas and tasted like it soggy chips even have a little girl turn up her nose. Given the price of the kids menu, I'd expect better. We we not even offered the included kids dessert.

For the price I'd say this restaurant is over rated.

1  Thank AlfredofKSA
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

My Birthday dinner. Gorgeous views, Romantic kind of ambience in the room with the lights dimmed and candle lights on, a lot of nice dishes to choose from, desserts on point! Lovely wine list. Lots of little hidden rooms to cater for all types of gathering.