Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$80
Vio.com
Etrip
Agoda.comUS$80
Hotels.comUS$80
ExpediaUS$80
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 October 2019

I've stayed a couple of Red Roof Inns and they've been wonderful. I guess it's all part of a remodel they're doing these days. However, there were moments at this hotel when I thought the corporate office might have run out of money. First, it's situated around the likes of Hampton, Hilton Garden Inn, and a few others I would say a notch higher in hotel echelon. I chose to stay here for two reasons: previous experience with the brand and cheaper. Well...you get what pay for and I guess my dollar doesn't stretch as far as I thought. Now with that being said, we had an average size room with a view of McDonalds down below and the mall up the street. The first thing we did was my favorite: the white sock test. This hotel failed miserably. A single walk from the bathroom to my bed by the window yielded noticeable dirt on my socks. I have no idea when these seemingly nice floors were last cleaned, but it wasn't before we arrived. The beds were comfortable and on par with your standard hotel, which is fine for me. I slept well enough and that's all that counts. Our room had a microwave and a fridge, which were nice and clean. Plenty of outlets for your phones, tablets, laptops. That's somewhat rare in hotels these days. One thing that I hated was the lack of lighting. Even though there were three lights in the bedroom area, it wasn't enough for me. I like a well-lit room, so I can see all of the things that most hotels don't want you to see. Also, the linens had me worried, but then again, it could have been due to how dirty the floors are. If you're going to have white washcloths and towels, it's always best to make sure they're really bright and leave nothing to question. The washcloths and hand towels were thin, which tells me they've been been used a lot...by a lot of other people. I'll leave you to ponder that because I don't need my brain going any further down that hole. The bath towels looked clean enough and definitely had more volume. Again, because of the lighting, it was hard to tell if the dirt coming off those towels was due to my feet or already there. I'd like to think it was due to the amount of dirt my feet had accumulated on the floor because my socks had a hole in them. Still, that was a *lot* of dirt. I have a hard time believing that you get that dirty when you've spent a good part of the day shopping at the local malls. So, I choose to believe it's due to whatever grime my feet collected on the floor. As for the rest of the hotel, the lobby looks nice and I guess the continental breakfast is good--I only smelled it, but didn't have time to sample it during my stay. Before I forget, let's talk about the parking for a moment. My assessment: good luck with that. There wasn't enough parking in the Red Roof's parking lot for the number of hotel rooms on the premise. I found parking on the street in front of the hotel a lot better, because there's more room. Cars and trucks were packed so tightly together in the lot that you'd have to enter through your trunk, if you wanted to go anywhere. Another option is to park across the street in the other hotel parking lots, which is legal in this case. They worked out a deal with those hotels to use their lots as overflow, which is nice. Just be mindful of the distance and decide if parking on the street might be closer to the hotel. One thing I'd like to highlight is that when we finally returned to our room after a long day, we found my daughter's panda bar sitting up on the bed and watching football. Kudos to the cleaning staff for that one. My daughter thought it was awesome that they would take good care of him like that. Speaking of which, I found the staff to be quite friendly, which always earns an extra star in my book.

Room tip: Ask for a mall view
Date of stay: October 2019
RRIMgr, Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh - Crabtree Valley Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely appreciate your business. I will share this with our team.

Reviewed 12 July 2019

The staff are great here. The cleaning staff were very nice, and do their job well. The front desk clerk named James was very professional and accommodating. He spoke clearly and used proper command of English, which is something you don`t find anywhere anymore. Paid about $69, July, 2019.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
RRIMgr, Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh - Crabtree Valley Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2019

Thank you for your review. I will share this with our team so they can see the direct results of their efforts. We sincerely appreciate your business!

Reviewed 5 June 2019

The Red Roof Inn Raleigh--Crabtree Valley is a very good value, on a road that is less than a quarter mile from the enormous Crabtree Mall. Just off Route 70 (Glenwood) and I-440 in Raleigh, it's a bit hard to find the first time, so call for directions. The rooms are large, newly refitted, and (rah, rah) quiet. They include a cube fridge and microwave, hair dryer, adjustable air conditioning, and large-screen flat TV. The hotel provides the standard motel chain breakfast: make-your-own waffles, breads, yoghurt, apples and bananas, dry cereal (and instant grits) and coffee. The staff is helpful and friendly. They will pull up and print directions for the guests, and are flexible if you have to check out a bit late. There are five motels on Arrow Drive, all within about a third of mile of each other, but at $72/night, Red Roof is probably the best value.

The down side--aside from the difficulty of finding Arrow Drive-- is that there is pool or exercise room, and no decaf coffee at all. Our air conditioner was quite noisy, so much so they offered to change our room. Someone did something to it, so the next two nights it was much quieter. Once one finds the hotel, its location is quite convenient to the entire Research Triangle.

Room tip: Away from the road and parking lot
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank noyesville
RRIMgr, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh - Crabtree Valley Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2019

Thank you for your feedback. As you mentioned we did just complete an extensive interior and exterior renovation and are still one of the few hotels in Crabtree for under $100/night that provides a clean facility with a friendly team helping you. I will share this feedback with our team so they can see the direct result of their efforts!

We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 15 May 2019 via mobile

This place was a pit.
Stains on the tubs... my wife found hair on her pillow. I found what I think was a raisin on my bed... please god let it not be rat turd!
Parking was lacking so I ended up parked on the street. Noisy drunks in the next room. Also finding the news story about a double murder of a prostitute and her client in the hotel from 2016 was great.
Stayed one night... then bailed and ate the loss of the prepaid room for the remaining nights.

Seriously avoid this place... the only good part of it was the front desk guy was cool.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
RRIMgr, Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh - Crabtree Valley Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2019

Hi,
The incident you are referring to was under the previous ownership and a different brand. The hotel has gone through extensive interior and exterior renovations when it was converted to a Red Roof Inn.

I will have our team check the room. Our housekeeping and maintenance team work extremely hard to provide a clean facility to our guests. We also correct an issue as fast as we can when we do miss something. Please give the hotel a call at (919) 277-8485 at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 5 April 2019

The desk clerks were incredibly helpful and very patient with some problems that were going on.The lady that checked us in Thursday evening on 03/28 was extremely busy and was dealing with some issues but treated our track team with politeness and efficiency.

The day clerk on Friday 03/29 was equally helpful and very friendly. Made us feel very welcomed. I compliment both of them as being wonderful examples of great hospitality.

Date of stay: March 2019