“Excellent!”

Price range: US$41 - US$80
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 20 April 2022

We had an excellent dinner at Rey's on Saturday night. It was so good we went back on Sunday and repeated our same menu selection from Saturday evening.
Diana and Ellie are great bartenders and they also served us in the bar on Sunday. I would like to give DANA a big shout out for rescuing my cellphone from the UBER driver. You are the best!!!!

Date of visit: April 2022
Write a reviewReviews (266)

Reviewed 23 September 2021

The service at this restaurant was very rude. When I ask for anything the waiter had an attitude and was rushing for us to leave. I reported the incident to management and instead resolving the issue he basically stated the waiter wasn't suppose to help our table and she was tired. I informed the manager that instead of making excuses he could of at least apologize for my service and did not apologize and just stared into my eyes. The food is awful please do not go this restaurant I wouldn't wish this kind of service on my worst enemy.

1  Thank anjelicaq2021
Reviewed 18 September 2021

We visited Rey's last night for our adult son's birthday. He had never been there; but was in the mood for a special dining experience. My husband and I had only been there once-about a decade ago. We were rushed that night (kid at a birthday party at the roller rink next door)-and I regret that this somehow hasn't been in our "special occasion" restaurant rotation for all these years.
Everything was exceptional. Food, service, ambiance.
Adrian was our waiter; but there was a team that made sure that our water glasses stayed full; and our (regretfully) empty plates were cleared.
Highlights were apps, sides, lamb, steak, oysters, bread, wine list, dessert;....:)
Rey and Company are gonna be seeing a lot of us in the future!

Reviewed 17 September 2021

Been there 3 times and ate at the bar each time. Very friendly with great food and service. Portions are plentiful and everything good (caesar salad, New Orleans shrimp (Mr. B's is better, sorry! :)), and a great filet this last time.

Reviewed 31 July 2021

I had heard so many good things but experienced the exact opposite. Disclaimer-lived in New Orleans for many years and know fine dining. Food was incredibly bland-fish was not fresh plus the presentation was terrible. My plate looked like I was being served puréed fancy feast. My bf had filet and it was served almost raw when he had asked for medium, but we couldn’t find a server to switch it out. We still paid an astronomical amount of $$ ($250) and it was a complete waste. The owner should be embarrassed by our experience!

Date of visit: July 2021