“Always a good experience.”

Saint Jacques French Cuisine
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Spring Forest
Description: Opened in 2004, Saint Jacques French Cuisine aims to showcase France's culinary heritage, with its love of exceptional food and fine wines. We are dedicated to using the freshest and highest quality ingredients, which we source locally by working closely with North Carolina farmers. Saint Jacques is currently ranked as one of the Top 100 restaurants in the nation on OpenTable.com.
Reviewed 5 June 2022

Had not been since 4 February 2020, not knowing that I would be locked down for 18 months. Needed an excuse to go, and the Van Gough Immersive experience provided that. So after soaking up paintings of the French countryside, we went for French cuisine.

Does not look like much on the outside as the restaurant sits in a strip mall next to a Harris-Teeter Supermarket. Service was friendly and well paced. The four of us split the Chef’s Board which had a selection of cheeses, charcuteries and other bits, an order of escargot (no mussels, I really enjoy their mussels previously), and a pork comfit. We washed the food down with a French Sauvignon blanc

I had the beef Bourgogne which was classic and even had a parsnip in it. Everyone ordered something different and enjoyed their food. We washed the food down with a bottle of Chateauneuf-du-pape. Saved a little to go with desert. I had the smoreve en chocolat—a pillow made of a light pastry stuffed with chocolate.

C’est magnifique!

Date of visit: June 2022
Write a reviewReviews (429)

Reviewed 22 April 2022 via mobile

My husband Max and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary together on April 21, 2022 and decided on St. Jacques. We decided on this French restaurant due to the good reviews and that we were married in Paris and thus were after some good French food. St. Jacques did not disappoint, quite the opposite in fact, it was a phenomenal experience. The service was top-notch, we felt like St. Jacques appreciated our business and our server Anthony made us feel like we were visiting an old friend. We had fantastic Escargot that brought us back to our Paris wedding day. Anthony provided us with an excellent red wine choice that paired well with both our meals. My husband declared the French onion soup was the best he had ever had. I had the scallops, with goat cheese polenta and Max had the Beef Short Rib, which was so tender it only needed a fork. We ended with a Crème brûlée that was delicious and was on the house. Finally, Patrick the head of the house came by our table and talked with us too and made us feel very welcome. I even left my shawl and they called us to inform (used our number from the reservation) and greeted me at the door with my shawl for when I arrived back to retrieve. I will recommend this place to everyone I know, so happy I found a wonderful N. Raleigh Gem! Merci Beaucoup St. Jacques!

Date of visit: April 2022
Reviewed 14 January 2022

Lovely restaurant, excellent food, great service (thanks Michael!). Bring your wallet as the cost of the food might surprise you, but it is worth it. Great wine list also. Desserts to die for!

Date of visit: January 2022
Reviewed 13 January 2022

Our experience was just ok. The biggest issue was the duck magret, it was served with no sear at all on the skin & none of the fat rendered. The meat I fought to separate was delicious, but so much was wasted clinging to the centimeter of fat and skin I was served. When we complained, the manager(?) came over to tell me that I was wrong & that was the way the chef intended it. (Ironically on their Facebook page another customer raved about the duck here & included a picture with delicious looking crispy skin)
They offered a gift card as an apology, we left the gift card for the waiter since we had no desire to return.
On the positive side; the scallop appetizer was very good as was the escargot. My wife's steak was perfect and tender. Our waiter Andrew was extremely nice and attentive despite it being his first night there.

Date of visit: December 2021
Reviewed 24 October 2021

I visited for my birthday in October, 2021 after hearing nothing but rave reviews and wanting to revisit the cuisine of France that we missed. The ambiance is superb - quiet, elegant and warm. The service was very professional. My mom won the day with her ordering - the coquilles saint jacque was superb and on point, her lamb was also very good. My husband's duck was disappointing. He loved duck in France but his duck breast was so tough it was off putting. The beef bourguignon was very tender and flavorful. The french onion soup was good and not too salty as is the tendency in restaurants. The desserts were amazing - we did the pot de creme and the deconstructed smore which combines the most delicious french layered pastry with the other classic elements. We will not likely come back because when three people have a bill close to $500 and one entree isn't enjoyingly edible it leaves an impression. However its worth noting the pastry chef is talented, the wine was delicious and the company outstanding.

Date of visit: October 2021