“Date Night”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oberlin Road
Reviewed 23 December 2021

Whether you sit inside or out, the meal's great. Good atmosphere, bartender does a good job with the drinks, and the food is always delicious. Definitely a go-to date place.

Date of visit: November 2021
Write a reviewReviews (330)

Reviewed 14 December 2021 via mobile

Disappointing pickup order. We returned to Raleigh for a visit and decided to get takeout from our former go-to place. Crab cakes were smaller, less crab flavor. Parmesan creamed corn was frozen corn, some form of cream poured on, no evidence of any Parmesan. Brussels sprouts ok, and Southern Caesar only ok. What happened?

Date of visit: December 2021
Reviewed 9 November 2021 via mobile

Being that this place is #8 on the list of restaurants for Raleigh I had high hopes for our visit, I was tremendously disappointed.

It’s tucked into a strip mall/shopping center of sorts. We went in for dinner the crowd is definitely older 40s dinner/happy hour type if you’re looking for a younger more in touch vibe this is NOT the place to go.

Our server was very nice a greeted us almost immediately after we were seated. I ordered a Jack & Coke with a splash of grenadine the whole drink was red in color when she brought it back I took two sips and was done with it.

My boyfriend ordered the Salmon Risotto cooked medium. He only ate the risotto and only hate one bite of the salmon. That’s not to say the risotto was a winner either. I had the Seafood Grits and this was what I thought would be a safer choice I was WRONG.

To start I noticed a lot of sauce/cream in the bottom of the dish and when I tasted the first bite I understood why, the grits we completely undercooked an awful mouth feel. They were also supposed to be pepper jack cheese grits I never got a hint of that. The scallops and shrimp were tough and not properly seasoned. The type of mushroom used could have been a different choice. The dish had too many components that did not pair well. In what world would you sprinkle blue cheese and maple bacon into pepper jack cheese grits.

If you like undercooked and bland food this is definitely the perfect place to waste a few bucks.

Date of visit: November 2021
Reviewed 23 July 2021

Having read the reviews on TripAdvisor about this restaurant, I have decided to book this restaurant for a family dinner during a Raleigh visit. Once we arrived the Hostess was not friendly, however our waiter did a fair job! The food was good, however there were a few mishaps. As a family were ordered the Salmon & Risotto (which was good), Braised Beef Short Ribs (which was OK), Parmesan Chicken (which was good) and the Tuna (which was also good). There was a special that day which was a shrimp bisque; this was the BEST dish we had. While all the food was OK this was the best. Having travelled extensively and being a :foodie" the reviews are probably a little over the top. This restaurant is good, with a nice ambiance. We would visit Glenwood Grill again.

Date of visit: July 2021
3  Thank TonyRamon
Reviewed 6 July 2021 via mobile

The service was also excellent - Jonathan. I started with the chopped wedge salad and it was just as expected. Very tasty. I liked that the wedge was already cut up for me because I do tend to struggle with a quarter of an iceberg head getting it cut up to eat. My husband had the pork belly which was to die for. Our entrees were the mahi-mahi and the swordfish and both were outstanding. Looking forward to a return visit!

Date of visit: May 2021