“Excellent food, service, & atmosphere.”
Review of Taverna Agora

Taverna Agora
Ranked #13 of 1,488 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Glenwood South
Description: Taverna Agora is an authentic Greek kitchen & bar where friends & family enjoy good wine, eat wonderfully prepared, simple food and relax. The restaurant is reminiscent of gathering places found in Greece, with old world flavors and rustic roots. However, Taverna Agora expands beyond the traditional agora with a few modern flares, including hand-crafted cocktails, a gourmet marketplace and Sunday brunch.
Reviewed 13 March 2022

Recently met a friend for dinner here as I was in town staying right next door at the Holiday Inn Downtown. The restaurant has a great vibe and ambiance, classy but relaxed. The host & hostess were incredibly gracious and helpful. Got great service at the bar. When our table was ready, we were escorted up to the amazing rooftop deck. It was a beautiful, warm night and it was great looking out over the city. Service and food were excellent. We started with spanakopita and tzatziki with pita bread and fresh cucumber slices. Both were terrific. For our entree, we had the penne pasta with chicken. We were served ample portions of this delicious dish that we had to make ourselves stop eating.

Definitely will be returning next time we are in town!

Date of visit: March 2022
1  Thank famof5mayberry
WeCare-BrandManager, Agency / Consultant at Taverna Agora, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2022

So happy you had a fantastic meal with us! Thank you for taking the time to share your satisfaction with others! We appreciate it! We hope to serve you again very soon!

Reviewed 29 December 2021 via mobile

Food was mediocre and portions small. Left restaurant still hungry after their “brunch” I think not everyone got any bacon Not worth the price per person by any means Rooftop terrace was nice but I didn’t know about their confetti rule and we had to sweep the floor ourselves

Date of visit: December 2021
Taylor Cruz, Agency / Consultant at Taverna Agora, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2022

I'm very sorry to see that you had this experience. I would appreciate knowing the details so that we can properly address the issues to improve our service for you and others. Please email me directly at WeCare@TavernaAgora.com with your contact info and please reference this review. I'd like the chance to help resolve this with you. Thank you.

Reviewed 26 December 2021 via mobile

Our choice for brunch when traveling thru Raleigh. Consistently good service and food.

On a lighter note, I have a couple of plastic toilet wedges that I keep in our car just incase a dining table rocks badly. The tile floor of the open-air dining was irregular. Rather than bother the wait staff, I went to the car and brought back the wobble solution.

Too much fun!

Date of visit: December 2021

We are so glad you enjoy dining with us! We appreciate your loyalty, especially during this time! Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5-star rating! We look forward to serving you again very soon!

Reviewed 8 December 2021

Disappointed with the food. The dish plating was poor and foods were not tasty at all.
1. Seafood Giouvestsi - It was a bowl of dry and sticky orzo.
2. Gemista - the description states seasoned rice and fresh herb. The rice was not seasoned and only tasted salt and rice was gummy, no fresh herb. I thought it should have roasted potato, but my plat did not have roasted potato. It came with squish/limp/watery yellow squash. Worse, the yellow squash tasted fishy.
3. Lemon Roasted Chicken - The chicken was lukewarm and felt it was leftover and reheated. Potato was so hard and drown in oil and nothing resemble of roasted food.
I will not return to eat at this restaurant.

1  Thank Air747
Taylor Cruz, Agency / Consultant at Taverna Agora, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2021

We are so sorry to hear that your experience was disappointing. Would you please email me at WeCare@TavernaAgora.com with your contact info and reference this review? We'd appreciate the opportunity to do better. Thank you.

Reviewed 17 October 2021 via mobile

Arrived for my husband’s birthday celebration, who is from Greece. The hostess was on the phone and never acknowledged us despite reservations.

Additionally, I was treated rudely when I asked directions to the restrooms.

When we were first seated in the pictures rooftop area, the seat was soaking wet.

We were reseated but as I write this ; the only person who has approached us is another diner who said they have been waiting over 15 minutes without being acknowledged.

My husband has patronized this restaurant for over a decade when it was located on Glenwood Ave near Crabtree Valley Mall, but with good alternatives such as Alexander’s in Garner

Date of visit: October 2021
Taylor Cruz, Agency / Consultant at Taverna Agora, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2021

I’m sorry to hear you had such a frustrating experience. Thank you for letting us know about it so that we can properly handle the issues. Please email me directly at WeCare@TavernaAgora.com with your contact info and reference this review. I'd like the chance to resolve this with you. Thank you.