“We need more restaurants like this in the area!”
Review of Bida Manda

Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: R Line, R15 City Center Deck, Moore Square Stop
Description: Right in the heart of downtown Raleigh, Bida Manda is a thoughtful and sharp gathering place celebrating the diverse food and culture of Laos. Bida Manda is one of the very first Laotian restaurants in the US. Sanskrit for father and mother, we name the restaurant Bida Manda as our way of honoring our parents in Laos who taught us everything we know about food, hospitality, and the power it has in bringing people together. Our parents' recipes are the inspiration for our menu. Every dish on our menu is exactly what we grew up eating. They are the kind of dishes you might find on the street corners of Luang Prabang and at a Laotian home. Come in and go away with us on sensational culinary journey to Laos. ------ Whether it is a birthday dinner for 10 guests or a corporate event for 100+, we will work with you to craft your memorable dining experience. Please contact Vansana Nolintha at vansana@bidamanda.com for more information.
Reviewed 22 March 2022

My wife and I have really enjoyed getting takeout here despite it being more than 40 minutes away. The food is always fresh, the service on time and we like supporting a local (ish) business!

Date of visit: March 2022
Write a reviewReviews (1,011)

Reviewed 9 January 2022

I had been wanting to try Bida Manda for nearly a year. We finally got there last night. Restaurant was cold inside and the seating was cheap metal chairs. My wife ordered a barbeque dish with pork belly. It was half bones and pork belly fat. I ordered a curry dish with coconut. mostly raw vegies. We both had a glass of wine. Neither meal was good. The best part of the dishes was the rice. That speaks volumes. The wine and service were good. We will not be back.

Date of visit: January 2022
2  Thank frequwenttraveler995
Reviewed 7 June 2021

Service is nothing to write home about, and a roach scurried past my feet. Needless to say this place is disgusting and I can't recommend in good conscience ever setting foot in it.

Date of visit: June 2021
2  Thank angelalT8257EO
Reviewed 8 April 2021 via mobile

We had a lovely visit, all the food we had was delicious, and attentive staff, but our waiter forgot to put one of our entrees in, and when we reminded him, the kitchen was closed! They were very nice to comp us dessert and an appetizer, but then again forgot to take it out of the bill. They said they corrected the mistake, but we will find out in a few days whether the credit card will get refunded. These are all attention mistakes, our waiter was super nice, but I think writing down orders is a “must”! I came to the restaurant specifically to try the dish which got forgotten. We are foodies and I take great care to research any place we go to eat at. Since we were just passing through town, not sure if I will have a chance to go back to try.

Date of visit: April 2021
2  Thank NYNJ76
Reviewed 12 March 2021 via mobile

My family and I visited Bida Manda today to celebrate my son’s birthday. This was our first time visiting. My son saw some great reviews online so we decided on this restaurant for our celebration.

We were greeted with courtesy and professionalism from the moment we arrived. Although we are still in a pandemic, we felt safe and comfortable. The atmosphere was warm and made us feel as if we were among family and friends.

Our server, John, was exceptional!!!! He was professional, friendly, knowledgeable, and humorous. He paid attention to the details and had great customer service skills. He took great care of us and ensured that our food and drinks were brought out in a timely fashion. Great guy!

We were mesmerized by the quality, taste, and display of the food. Every single item ordered was exquisite! The appearance was intriguing. The food was cooked perfectly! All items had the right balance of moisture, texture, and flavor. The unique combination of the herbs and spices brought all dishes to life, and certain dishes just melted in your mouth. Everything was scrumptious!

To say that we had an overall exceedingly wonderful experience is an understatement. I highly recommend this restaurant.

John, we will see you again soon.

Date of visit: March 2021