“Unique drink presentation”

Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wilmington
Description: ORO features generously portioned, sharable tapas-style comfort food re-interpreted for a modern palate.
Reviewed 4 February 2022 via mobile

Oro is spectacular! Definitely go with a group to do the tasting menu and have fun! The drinks are so unique in their presentation, try something new and be surprised at what they bring you. For the chefs tasting menu they bring out something like 10 full dishes of the menu’s most popular items. You will leave stuffed! There is flavor in every dish! The service is good and the place is clean.

Date of visit: February 2022
1  Thank tonic2001
Write a reviewReviews (200)

Reviewed 12 November 2021 via mobile

My son and I decided to visit Oro restaurant during Raleigh Restaurant Week. We read good reviews and liked the menu that was being offered.

We made reservations and were seated quickly upon arrival. We were greeted with a smile and professionalism. Our server was friendly and fully engaged with our experience at the restaurant.

Our dishes were served in a timely manner. We enjoyed our food and dessert. Everything was very tasty and moist. The portions were a little on the smaller side but other than that we had a wonderful visit.

Date of visit: November 2021
Reviewed 15 October 2021

The food is good. It is expensive. So, if you are paying about $20 for an appetizer-sized helping of food, and you need two or three to make a meal, then your best bet is the family-style approach, instead, which must be agreed to table-wide. It is $60 but they keep bringing food until you say that you're done. You don't pick the food that they bring; they do. My guess is that they're bringing out whatever they're also serving to other tables, so they're just adding more quantity to an already-placed order nearby. That's efficient and reasonable. The kitchen was slow, but an outstanding server more than balanced that out. Interesting menu. My only serious complaint is the unbelievably horrible acoustics. You can't hear anything in there; otherwise, this would be five stars.

Date of visit: October 2021
1  Thank King D
Reviewed 26 June 2021 via mobile

My Birthday Dinner.

My surprised Birthday Dinner with 8 members of my family. I'm a vegan so the Family Option was the best choice for us. We had about 8 courses which included meat options. The cauliflower and potatoes, string beans are the best here. The Creme Brulee is so so but I have had better. This is an ideal place for a large group of foodies.

Date of visit: June 2021
2  Thank TheGlamLotus
Reviewed 17 November 2019 via mobile

ORO has been in Raleigh for years but it’s new to me!!! I’ve been twice this fall. It was very busy on a Saturday and rather quiet on a Monday. They offer fun cocktails and a great assortment of small plates. The service was great both times!!

Date of visit: November 2019