“Great Lunch at Gravy”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hargett
Transit: The R line stops around the corner on Hargett and South Wilmington.
Description: Ask any Italian-American what ‘gravy’ is, and they'll tell you it's the pasta sauce that their mothers and grandmothers cooked fresh every night. At Gravy Restaurant we take the same care, preparing our signature sauce every day using select tomatoes and locally grown herbs. The heart and soul poured into the preparation of traditional Italian-American dishes pairs with inspired modern twists and a focus on seasonal ingredients to define Gravy’s unique approach to this classic cuisine.
Reviewed 23 October 2021 via mobile

Enjoyed lunch at Gravy after the symphony. We asked to be seated outside and it worked perfectly for us. Our waiter, Missy (Missie) was top notch. She didn’t steer us wrong with her suggestions on wines, entrees and desserts. We found her to be attentive and will definitely ask for her on our return next month. The eggplant pie was a delicious alternative as a non-pasta version of eggplant parmigiana. Looking forward to trying other options on your menu.

Date of visit: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (441)

Reviewed 18 September 2021

I made a reservation for a Friday at 7:30, to celebrate the kick off of Parents' Weekend with my son. We arrived at 7:27 but our table was not ready ( I was told that the party occupying our future table was not done yet). My son and I went to the bar as requested until the table was ready. At that point I checked my phone and saw that the restaurant had texted me at 7:22 to let me know my table was ready.. I think they gave it away because we did not answer that call right away.The bartender was nice, dropped a menu but then didn't come back for a drink order for at least 5 more minutes. My son's drink was delayed even longer. We were called to our table about 10 minutes later and the bruschetta was served shortly thereafter. But.. we did order dinner even before the bruschetta was served... and then waited, for at least 45 minutes. It was clear that a large party that had come in AFTER us was the priority, we literally watched at least a dozen plates march past our table while we continued to wait. The server took too long to ask if I wanted a second drink (because what else do you do when your food is delayed?!). We actually had to ask for the status of our food and were told, "soon, sorry." NO urgency in making things right, no urgency in apology, no comp.I have NO urgency in recommending Gravy. The food was good; service terrible.

Date of visit: September 2021
1  Thank Jeanne_49463
Reviewed 8 September 2021

We came to this restaurant as this was recommended in TripAdvisor. Long story short we waited almost 40 mins for our food, they were very slow with the service and the restaurant was almost empty only 4 tables at the main room. The food was ok. Maybe we had bad luck.

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed 10 June 2021

My husband and I went to dinner at Gravy’s. Tables were spaced out and they had a very nice outdoor patio. We went for restaurant week. We had the risotto balls for appetizer, chicken parmigiana and for dessert we split tarimisu and cannoli. We ordered a bottle of Chianti and was so surprised to see the wine was from a winery we stayed in Italy 4 yrs ago. Rona was a fantastic server and very professional. We will definitely return and strongly recommend to everyone. Thank you for a memorable evening.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 28 May 2021

Our guest time visit to Gravy was outstanding! Missie our server was second to none!
The food was perfectly cooked and just fabulous!
Thank you!