Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Marriott HotelsUS$203
Agoda.comUS$203
ExpediaUS$203
Hotels.comUS$203
ZenHotels.comUS$225
FindHotelUS$203
1,058 results
All reviews rye bar valet parking valet service within walking distance hotel restaurant per day concierge lounge very nice hotel business trip starbucks lobby conference capital concert
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 June 2022

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times. Not so frequent that you would ask 'why do you keep going back, then?' But maybe once per year or so. It has historically been our go to downtown because the location is hard to beat and until recently, there was little competition.

I will not focus on my prior complaints, and focus purely on this stay though.

For starters, it is your average Marriott - the bed is comfortable enough. The rooms have been refreshed since it was originally opened. It was reasonably clean, but you can find dust if you go looking for it.

The staff is coarse and not helpful at all. For example, my wife inquired about room service. She was told fairly rudely that they are not offering room service "because of COVID." She then asked if she could call down to the bar/restaurant and place an order that we could pick up and bring back to the room. She was told "No, because that would be room service." We laughed about it and just figured something else out.

Ultimately, for these hotels to continue not to offer basic amenities for the class is unacceptable. No room service, no housekeeping, the lounge/bar is closed until dinner hours, etc. It is getting old and blaming COVID is ridiculous at this point.

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 11 June 2022

We had a lovely stay. It is very convenient to good restaurants. The staff was attentive. The valet Ana was very kind. Overall we had a very nice experience.

There was also a Starbucks in the lobby as well as a number of other coffee shops very close for early morning coffees.

Date of stay: June 2022
D P, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2022

Dear Katie_travelbug15,
Thank you for you great review and we look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Raleigh.

Reviewed 17 May 2022

We stayed here so we would be close to the Duke Energy Auditorium and it was right across the street. Our stay was great with no issues. Customer service was amazing. No complaints and I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2022
D P, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2022

Dear 189lanah,

Thank you for the great review. We look forward to being your hotel of choice on your next trip to Raleigh.

Reviewed 9 May 2022 via mobile

Layla, Chris, and Stacey were phenomenally friendly, helpful, and professional. I was very happy with their valet parking services. It was very easy to drop my car and then call for it the next morning. Plus they were so friendly and welcoming. Thank you for an easy and pleasant experience!

Trip type: Travelled solo
D P, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2022

Dear mxashleywesterman,

Thank you for the nice comments about our valet staff and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 4 May 2022 via mobile

I arrived after what seemed to be a long drive. It has been a while since I travelled for work due to COVID so I was a bit discombobulated.

The Valet team at Marriott City Center in Raleigh allowed me time to get out of my car, get situated and even helped me with my bags, after dropping a few things, to my room out of the kindness of their heart (I rarely carry cash).

Kudos to Jeremy and his colleagues for making my first business trip in a while feel good.

Trip type: Travelled on business
D P, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2022

Dear Mtrumbull2310,
Thank you for the great feedback on our valet team. We hope your future trips bring you back to our hotel.