All reviews front desk peaceful stay exercise room the general manager great place to stay laundry washer stove nc ihg
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Made reservation there because they accommodate dogs and we were visiting family in the area. Knew it was under renovation but worse than expected. Expedia said king beds butt they're only Queens which was too small for two people and two dogs so we checked out early. First room smelled second room smaller but at least didn't smell. Fire alarm went off twice.
Staff nice/apologetic/comped us so really can't complain that much.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Todd G
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Hi Todd G,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm sorry to read that our room accommodation fell below your expectations. I do appreciate the feedback that you have listed. Our goal is to make everyone’s stay special and we've shared your comments with the management for review. This will be useful in our endeavor to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

We value you as our guest and hope you choose us again for your next lodging needs.

Regards,

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

The only good thing I can say about this place was making the reservation with a very pleasant representative named April. Beyond that, I can safely say I would not recommend this place to anyone. Upon driving 9 hours to get to the Candlewood, we were told our room, which was very specifically reserved for late checkin as handicapped with walk/roll in shower, was not available. We spent the night in a very nice room, however we had to go to the front desk 3 times before we were finally checked in to our room for the week, after 1:30 in the afternoon. Had it not been the only game in town to meet the requirement during the time of our stay, we would have left without question. But we were stuck. The carpet was damp enough to be dabbed with paper towels and required an industrial carpet fan off and on for the duration of our stay, there was an indescribable odor in the room, there was no freshening the room (garbage removal, bed fixed, towels replaced) unless we requested to be added to "the list", we were not provided fresh towels unless we took the soiled ones to the front desk and asked for new ones (unfortunately we needed additional towels daily due to the shower drainage or lack thereof)...and on one occasion when we turned in our dirty towels we were told there were no fresh towels available. Lovely. Seriously NONE of this is an exaggeration...each of these things listed happened, and the kicker was it really didn't seem to matter to anyone we came in contact with. The challenges in this place were countless, down to having to use a laundry cart for transporting our luggage and medical equipment out the door this morning when we left. Anyone who has ever travelled with medical equipment, much less travelled for several days at a time, can relate to these challenges. Very disappointed.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Terry B
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Hi Terry B!

Thanks for your candid remarks on your recent stay with us. I'm very sorry about the multiple issues that marred your stay particularly on the cleanliness and housekeeping of your assigned room.

We take great pride in our brand, and it is our intention to live up to the experience our guests expect from us. In my desire to make this right for you, I have sent you a private message to discuss the matter more. I've passed on your comments to our executive team as a material in our effort to be better at what we do.

Thank you for choosing us among your many lodging options in the area, and I'm hopeful that you can find the time to get back on my message.

Many thanks,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Stayed in two rooms in this hotel for approximately a month and a half
First problem one of the two air conditioning units not working (same problem in Landry/exercise room) the unit in the hallway also did not work. So on days when it was over 80 degrees it was very uncomfortable
One of the two eyes on stove did not work
There were four washers and two did not work and there were also a couple of dryers that didn't work
In the second larger room I moved in the bathtub was so dirty I could not get it back White with Clorox even after soaking it. When I reported these problems I was told that they are old and we are going to remodel soon which didn't help me
Finally the carpet was so dirty that everyday my white socks were filthy when I took them off and either the couch or carpet smelled like someone threw up on it. I asked for the carpet to be cleaned and was told I would have to move to yet another room so I moved out

Room tip: I would suggest that you do a walk through and chose a room on the east and north side of building
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Lisa B
Management response:Responded 21 June 2017

Hi,

First I would like to apologize for all the issues you incurred. Unfortunately our property is very old and has some issues that are out of our control. However we have started our renovation process which will eliminate most of the issues you had. We hope you will come back and check out our property again once the renovations have happened.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

I visit this hotel often. I never experience any problems with staff or on the property. I will continue to visit this property. Staff is very nice and helpful.

I will say this property is definitely due for a refresher.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank England I
Management response:Responded 22 May 2017

Thank you for your loyalty! We are glad that you enjoyed your time staying with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

I gave this place 3 stars due the friendliness of every staff person I met. However this is an old looking and feeling hotel. Cheap furnishings, filthy laundry room, 1980ish fitness equipment. Although the laundry is free the washing machines are filthy inside and very dirty on the outside. From first glance you would think they all were broken due to the low up keep. It toke over an hour to dry clothes once you find a dryers that works. Find a gym or workout in your room as the fitness center is way out of date! The rooms are standard but could really use an upgrade as well. But not as bad as the laundry and fitness facilities

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank THOMAS S
Management response:Responded 22 May 2017

We apologize for the condition of our property. The new management team is working on renovations that are scheduled to take place sometime this year. We want to thank you for bringing this to our attention.