Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
You won't find this experience at any zoo

Great experience. Knowledgeable animal handlers. Up close like never before. Wow just wow!!! Every... read more

Reviewed today
wetjed
Huntersville, North Carolina
via mobile
Great collection of raptors

This place takes in injured birds and keeps or rehabilitates them. I enjoyed myself and was amazed... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Chelsea G
San Diego, California

All reviews birds of prey raptor center bald eagles all ages beautiful birds great place tree roots golden eagle non profit great for kids bug spray educational programs gift shop kids and adults well taken care walking trails cool place
Reviewed 19 September 2017

This nature preserve is well designed for couples and families. Many of the birds are rescued and recuperating or are permanent residents. Take your time and enjoy the hands on discovery of nearly 60 bird varieties. You may hear ospreys calling or Ravens. All the birds are housed in enclosures that provide visitors a good view. Local businesses donate some of the covered buildings others are created as Eagle Scout activities. If you're lucky you might spot a meandering black snake crossing the trail. This site is out of town and well worth the drive. Might not be your first choice on a rainy day - plan accordingly

Date of experience: September 2017
CarolinaRaptorCenter, Manager at Carolina Raptor Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thanks for the great review. Glad you got to have a conversation with our Ravens! We love it when the birds wake up and feel like interacting with our visitors. Come back again soon. Only 20 minute drive from Uptown Charlotte.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

The Vultures painting was the highlight. Staff and volunteers do a great job of explaining detai8ls about the birds. Nicely designed and organized.

Date of experience: September 2017
CarolinaRaptorCenter, Manager at Carolina Raptor Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Our vultures (and ravens) are artists extraordinaire! Thanks for the comments. Glad you got to interact with staff and volunteers. They do a great job for us!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

This place is a really cool place to visit as a family. It is good for all age kids. It is appropriate for couples as well. Very well maintained.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

This was my first visit here, I loved it. I am a huge Eagle lover along with all of these wonderful creations of God. The staff was excellent, friendly, and involved to make our visit the best ever. Jana, was our guide and did a great job. But I am a little disappointed in her at the end because she promised I could take a Bald Eagle home and it would be ready for me when I left. That didn't happen. FYI: I am just kidding about Jana, she was excellent!

Date of experience: September 2017
CarolinaRaptorCenter, Manager at Carolina Raptor Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Jayna is a great addition to our staff. She has been a camper and volunteer at the Raptor Center for many years (13!). We love growing Raptor kids! Sorry that you had to leave the Bald Eagles in their enclosure. I guarantee you, the novelty of owning one would wear off quickly; they are pretty high maintenance. :-) Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Learned a lot about raptors and local Hawks, owls and vultures. The Center has a hospital to treat injured birds so that they can eventually be released back into the wild. The Eagles are spectacular. Seeing a variety of raptors close up at the raptor show was fun and educational. The location nestled in Latta Plantation is beautiful if you love the outdoors. I will definitely be returning sometime soon.

Date of experience: September 2017

Thanks for your kind words! So glad you had a wonderful visit. Come back soon!